For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Proz training: trainer feedback reliable?
Thread poster: Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:54
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 5, 2017

For a webinar I attended on Proz.com in 2016 I found the trainer to be rather disappointing, though the course itself wasn't. I gave my feedback knowing it would be shown publicly on the trainer's feedback page (that's what is says at least when you complete the feedback form). I corroborated my score ("somewhat dissatisfied") with some arguments.

Strangely enough, when I recently received a message that the same course is soon going to be delivered by the same trainer, I checked th
... See more
For a webinar I attended on Proz.com in 2016 I found the trainer to be rather disappointing, though the course itself wasn't. I gave my feedback knowing it would be shown publicly on the trainer's feedback page (that's what is says at least when you complete the feedback form). I corroborated my score ("somewhat dissatisfied") with some arguments.

Strangely enough, when I recently received a message that the same course is soon going to be delivered by the same trainer, I checked the trainer's feedback page. There are many comments to be found there, just not mine. Needless to say that all attendees whose feedback is visible are "extremely satisfied" or "very satisfied".

I'm wondering if this is a technical anomaly or a commercial strategy.
Collapse

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Thanks for your feedback Jan 5, 2017

Dear Toon,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Some of the comments you included in your feedback entry were considered to be personal. Upon revisiting this, I would consider the comments appropriate and have chosen to make this visible. I apologize for the oversight.

Regards,
Helen

Natalia Postrigan
Natalia Postrigan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:54
Member (2016)
English to Russian
+ ...
Same here Jan 6, 2017

Helen, I realized that something similar has happened with my feedback on a webinar in December. I described the issue that left me less than satisfied with the webinar in the comment section for the webinar itself, and then in the trainer feedback section asked to refer to the comment above. The issue was quite rather with the trainer than the content. I see that my feedback shows in the notes for the webinar, but it is not reflected in the trainer feedback at all, not even in a form of "less t... See more
Helen, I realized that something similar has happened with my feedback on a webinar in December. I described the issue that left me less than satisfied with the webinar in the comment section for the webinar itself, and then in the trainer feedback section asked to refer to the comment above. The issue was quite rather with the trainer than the content. I see that my feedback shows in the notes for the webinar, but it is not reflected in the trainer feedback at all, not even in a form of "less than satisfied - no comments". I find it quite unfair.

[Edited at 2017-01-06 06:00 GMT]
Collapse

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Feedback Jan 6, 2017

Natalia Postrigan wrote:

Helen, I realized that something similar has happened with my feedback on a webinar in December. I described the issue that left me less than satisfied with the webinar in the comment section for the webinar itself, and then in the trainer feedback section asked to refer to the comment above. The issue was quite rather with the trainer than the content. I see that my feedback shows in the notes for the webinar, but it is not reflected in the trainer feedback at all, not even in a form of "less than satisfied - no comments". I find it quite unfair.

[Edited at 2017-01-06 06:00 GMT]

Dear Natalia,

From the database I see that the trainer's feedback entry contains only one comment as the following: "See above.". It does not contain feedback about trainer's skills and knowledge and therefore it was not approved. Hope this helps and clarifies.

My bests,
Helen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz training: trainer feedback reliable?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »