Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:33
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 29, 2011

Hi

I'm using TO3000 for invoicing my clients and I would like to add a couple of fields to the invoice template, namely:

1) Job # (which is in fact, different to the PO #)
2) Project manager's email.

Is it possible to do that? BTW I included "Job #" as the "Client Ref" in "Client Jobs, and the email of the PM is in the "Contacts" list.

-------------------------
Also, I want the name of the invoice to be preceeded by a my own invoi
... See more
Hi

I'm using TO3000 for invoicing my clients and I would like to add a couple of fields to the invoice template, namely:

1) Job # (which is in fact, different to the PO #)
2) Project manager's email.

Is it possible to do that? BTW I included "Job #" as the "Client Ref" in "Client Jobs, and the email of the PM is in the "Contacts" list.

-------------------------
Also, I want the name of the invoice to be preceeded by a my own invoicing numbers. I'm not sure if I'm clear. Let's say that the standard invoice name provided by TO3000 are
I-CLIENTAA0001
I-CLIENTAA0002
I-CLIENTAA0003

I-CLIENTBB0001
I-CLIENTBB0002

I-CLIENTAA0004

Is it possible to change that to follow the number of my old invoicing system so the invoices are numbered as followS?:
451 I-CLIENTAA0001,
152 I-CLIENTAA0002,
453 I-CLIENTAA0003
454 I-CLIENTBB0001
455 I-CLIENTBB0002

456 I-CLIENTAA0004

Thanks

Clarisa
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:33
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Answer to question 1 Sep 29, 2011

Hi Clarisa,

I know only the answer to question 1:
1) The code for job number is \DTLINKJOBS:CJOB_NAME\
2) The code for PM's email is \CONTACT_NAME\ \CONTACT_EMAIL1\ (providing that the email address is taken from the "email 1" field

What about your question #2, I would be also interested in knowing the answer. At present I change invoice numbers manually in Word, before converting them to PDFs, which is rather unefficient.

I would like to in
... See more
Hi Clarisa,

I know only the answer to question 1:
2) The code for PM's email is \CONTACT_NAME\ \CONTACT_EMAIL1\ (providing that the email address is taken from the "email 1" field

What about your question #2, I would be also interested in knowing the answer. At present I change invoice numbers manually in Word, before converting them to PDFs, which is rather unefficient.

I would like to invite you to this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/202627 - maybe you would have some more suggestions.

Natalia

[Edited at 2011-09-29 23:41 GMT]
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Sep 30, 2011

Natalie wrote:

I've already modified the template! I assume that if you need to use the field "email 2" you should use \CONTACT_NAME\ \CONTACT_EMAIL2\

Where can I find further info regarding field?

Natalie wrote:

At present I change invoice numbers manually in Word, before converting them to PDFs, which is rather unefficient.

I'm doing the same thing.

Natalie wrote:

I would like to invite you to this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/202627 - maybe you would have some more suggestions.

Natalia

I will visit it.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
invoice codes Sep 30, 2011

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Is it possible to change that to follow the number of my old invoicing system so the invoices are numbered as followS?:

I've only been using TO3000 for a few months, so when I started, I chose Global Code in the Advanced Settings and I also entered the number I wanted to use from my old invoicing system under "Next Codes". You can also add a prefix and suffix to the number, which can be invariable text or variable YYYY, MM or DD.

HTH.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
--- Sep 30, 2011

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Hi Clarisa, I have found this info somewhere in the help, don;t remember exactly at the moment. I'll add more info later on.

Natalia

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 1, 2011

Natalie wrote:

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Hi Clarisa, I have found this info somewhere in the help, don;t remember exactly at the moment. I'll add more info later on.

Natalia

Browsing the Web with the codes you provided me, I found that info here: http://www.to3000.com/Documentation/RTFTemplatesGuide.pdf

Emma wrote:
I chose Global Code in the Advanced Settings and I also entered the number I wanted to use from my old invoicing system under "Next Codes".

You helped me a lot!

Regards

Clarisa

[Edited at 2011-10-01 16:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Modifing a template in TO3000: 2 questions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »