How to be enterprising - the Translator and Interpreter as Entrepreneurs
Translators and Interpreters are foremost ....Translators and Interpreters!
We are not naturally business people and many of us have had to learn the hard way how to set up and then run a business.
Some colleagues have never learned how to run a business that pays and stays.
This course will inspire you to find your niche in the market
The course will also teach you how to open up new markets .
Entrepreneurs are driven by profit
Entrepreneurs are constantly seeking out and then acting on opportunities.
Where other colleagues see risks entrepreneurs see opportunities to be exploited.
Entrepreneurs are go - getters who are on top of their game
Entrepreneurs know how to beat the competition
Entrepreneurs know how o diversify to survive
Anyone considering a career in interpreting and/ or translating
Student interpreters and translators
Interpreter and Translator trainers
Professional interpreter and translator organisations and their networking groups
New starters in the industry
Experienced colleagues looking to revamp "tired" businesses
How to be proactive rather than reactive
How to have a positive rather than a negative outlook
How to exploit opportunities
How to feel the fear and do it anyway
How to think outside the box
How to take calculated risks
How to transform being a Translator and /or Interpreter into being a successful business person
Don't risk not doing this course!
* No previous knowledge required but you need to have a desire to be inspired!
* Before the course starts review where your business is up to (or if you don't yet have a business, think about what you would like it to look like)
Click to expand
* Introduction to course tutor Sue Leschen
* How and why Sue Leschen decided to become an interpreter and translator and then became an entrepreneur
* Definition of "Entrepreneur"
* Apply the definition to yourself - are you an entrepreneur?
* If you are not an entrepreneur, why not and what is stopping you?
* Global examples of some famous (and infamous entrepreneurs!) and how and why they made it to the top
* Characteristics of entrepreneurs
* Characteristics of non - entrepreneurs
* Describe your own characteristics - are you more an entrepreneur or a non - entrepreneur?
* Why just being a translator or an interpreter is not enough if you want to run a successful business
* Finding opportunities - where and how/
* Good (and bad) exploitation of things, people and places
* Beating the competition - how?
* Time is money - run businesses not charities
* Ride the bad times - learn how to diversify your services
* Calculating and assessing business risks
* Feeling the fear but doing it anyway
* Q and A session
* So now do you want to be an entrepreneur too ?
* How are you going to be an entrepreneur? Which steps will you take?
Software and system requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 36.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording and handouts provided by the trainer.
How do I purchase the video?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the video?
Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here.
Where can I find a certificate of attendance?
A certificate of attendance can be issued upon training completion and as per your request. A certificate of attendance can be downloaded at http://www.proz.com/profile/?show_mode=standard#trainings
sue leschen View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training