Hebrew - English Legal Translation Pitfalls
Learn how to avoid typical translation pitfalls and take the challenge of translating some text samples with a catch!
In this webinar, you will get advice on legal translation from a professional lawyer as well as learn some practical steps of planning your work in order to minimize errors.
In this webinar, we will practice translating a very short, yet challenging text from Hebrew into English, and get feedback from a professional lawyer, Dr. Yaakov Gorr*, (only selected feedback will be provided live, but we will comment all the submissions in a follow-up email).
Besides, Dr. Gorr will talk about a few observations he made reading certain English translations of user agreements.
Be ready to discuss, translate, share your expertise, and, of course, get a portion of translation humor!
* The invited guest, Dr. Yaakov Gorr, is a law & business tutor and consultant. He started his Ph.D thesis on a new theory of legal education in 1999; it has now been commercially published. He hold additional undergraduate qualifications from three leading Australian Universities: Monash (Arts- Social work), RMIT (Business) and Tasmania (Law).
- Freelancers focusing on legal translation
- Translators who work in Hebrew - English combination
- Translators in other fields looking to switch to legal translation
In this webinar you will learn how to:
- recognize potential pitfalls in legal texts
- learn how to use reference documents to adjust terminology
Also, you will:
- review some typical mistakes
- practice the actual translation of selected short texts and get feedback from a professional lawyer
- basic experience in Hebrew - English legal translation
- experience in Hebrew - English translation
Click to expand
- An overview of typical legal texts pitfalls
- Mistakes review + translation practice
- Feedback (selected)
- Summary: using reference materials and checklists
System requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 20.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording and handouts provided by the trainer.
How do I purchase the video?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the video?
Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here.
Where can I find a certificate of attendance?
A certificate of attendance can be issued upon training completion and as per your request. A certificate of attendance can be downloaded at http://www.proz.com/profile/?show_mode=standard#trainings
Tanya Rozanes Olevsky View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training