Panhellenic Association of Translators PAT (PEM in Greek)
|Name||Panhellenic Association of Translators|
|Abbreviation||PAT (PEM in Greek)|
|Contact Name||Katerina Athanasaki|
|Contact Title||Secretary General|
|Contact Phone||30 2310 266 308|
|Contact Fax||30 2310 266 018|
|Address||17 Komninon Street GR-546 24|
|Description||The Panhellenic Association of Translators was established in Thessaloniki in 1963 and is the oldest professional translators’ association in Greece. PEM is a member of the International Federation of Translators (FIT).|
Has admission criteria.
Membership of the Association is open to individuals who are working lawfully as professional translators and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
1. they hold a university degree in translation;
2. they hold a university degree in a related field (e.g. foreign languages and literature, linguistics, communication studies), with translation as a special subject or with a postgraduate qualification in translation; or have successfully completed a period of practical training as a translator in some department of the European Union or other international organisation; or can prove that they have worked as a translator for 3 years;
3. they have worked as a translator in some department of the European Union or other international organisation;
4. they hold a university degree in an unrelated field and have specialized in translation or can prove that they have worked as a translator for 4 years;
5. they are already a highly respected translator and are accepted as a member in accordance with article 5 of the statutes.
In the form of workshops
Does not offer credential(s).
|Fees||100 Euros, annual subscription|