Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Spanish (Cambridge University (ESOL Examinations), verified) English to Spanish (Diploma in Translation, Proficiency Level, ANGLO, verified) German to Spanish (Universidad de Córdoba, ISTRAD, verified) German (Goethe-Institut, ZOP, verified) German (Universität Augsburg, Juristische Fakultät, Magi, verified)
High quality legal translation services from English and German into Spanish provided by a Lawyer-Linguist
I am a freelance translator (German >Spanish, English> Spanish), based in Mindelheim (Germany) and I am also Attorney at Law, having graduated from Law School in Uruguay, my home country. In addition, in May 2012 I earned a Masters Degree in German Law at the Augsburg Universität (Germany), which I obtained with excellent qualifications. In December 2015 I obtained my Masters Degree in Specialized Translation (German and Spanish) from the University of Córdoba, Spain.
I have been working as a lawyer and legal translator since 2006 and since October 2012 I run my own legal translation business (LegumLingua Translations).
Why should you entrust me with the translation of your legal documents?
As a Lawyer and Legal Translator I am able to understand all types of legal texts in the source language (English and German), and provide the best translation possible into Spanish, which is my native language. I am convinced that a good Legal Translator should have a precise and comprehensive knowledge of the legal systems involved, and not only of the legal terminology used in the texts to be translated. Being a lawyer, I can guarantee juridical precision and accuracy in my translations.
My fields of expertise:
Legal (specially contracts, terms and conditions, statements, powers of attorney, regulations, bylaws), International cooperation, Management, Human Resources, Sustainability, Environmental Protection and Healthcare.
My academic qualifications and certifications:
*Master in Translation (German-Spanish), Universidad de Córdoba and ISTRAD (Spain), approved with "very good"
*Masters Degree in German Law (LL.M.), University of Augsburg (16.05.2012), approved with the highest grade (1.0)
*Juris Doctor (Doctora en Derecho y Ciencias Sociales), graduated at the Universidad de la República, Montevideo, Uruguay (23.11.2007)
*B.A in Literature (2 of 4 years completed), Universidad de Montevideo
Diplomas in Translation and Language Certifications:
* University of Cambridge (UK) – Certificate in Translation from and into Spanish, Proficiency Level
* Instituto Cultural Anglo-Uruguayo (ICAU, Montevideo, Uruguay) – Certificate in Translation from and into English
* University of Cambridge – Certificate of Proficiency in English
* Goethe Institut Inter Nationes - Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (Grade A-)
* Certificato de Conoscenza della Lingua Italiana 3 – Università per Stranieri di Perugia
* Konrad Adenauer Foundation – Merit Scholarship awarded in January 2011 to obtain a Masters Degree in German Law at the University of Augsburg (LL.M. für im Ausland Graduierte)
* Goethe-Institut Inter Nationes – Merit Scholarship awarded in October 2002 to attend an intensive course in German in Munich
* Universidad de Montevideo – Merit Scholarship awarded in March 2000 to attend the B.A Program in Literature
Palabras chave: Law, contracts, Terms and Conditions, AGB, Vertrag, Verträge, Vereinbarung, award, translation, Übersetzung, Rechtsübersetzerin, Rechtswissenschaft, Rechtsstaat, Verfassungsgerichtsbarkeit, tribunales constitucionales, Constitution, international cooperation, politics, ethics, ética judicial, sociedad civil, Jura, due process of law, constitutional law, human rights, derechos humanos, cooperación internacional, periodismo, Studie, Soziologie, history, Geschichte, derecho procesal, Menschenrechte, políticas antidiscriminatorias, international organizations, projects, proyectos, Projekte, Zivilrecht, Strafrecht, Bioethik, Juristin, Universität, Masters Degree, Magister Legum, traducciones jurídicas, Derecho