Automatically opening next files (audio/txt) Transcription - ActiveX not working on Mac
Thread poster: KarolineB
KarolineB
KarolineB  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:46
English to German
+ ...
Aug 22, 2015

Hello,

I just got my first transcription (German to German) job. The audio files are all just a few seconds long, so the company has devised a program running in Excel, which will automatically open both the next audio and the next corresponding text file and automatically save them in the "done" folder.

The problem is, that I cannot run this on my Mac, as Mac doesn't support ActiveX. I don't have the ressources to run Windows virtually. Is there any other way of making
... See more
Hello,

I just got my first transcription (German to German) job. The audio files are all just a few seconds long, so the company has devised a program running in Excel, which will automatically open both the next audio and the next corresponding text file and automatically save them in the "done" folder.

The problem is, that I cannot run this on my Mac, as Mac doesn't support ActiveX. I don't have the ressources to run Windows virtually. Is there any other way of making ActiveX work? I only found possibilities for Internet Explorer.

Are there any other programs that will help me at least in part? Opening each audio and text file manually made the whole thing take 10 times as long. So if I don't find any solution, I won't be able to take on the project.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Karo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatically opening next files (audio/txt) Transcription - ActiveX not working on Mac

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »