Input Software
Thread poster: MariW
MariW
MariW
Japanese to English
May 16, 2003

Can anyone let me know the \"standard\" software out there for typing documents in Japanese? Thanks much for your help...

bd2016
bd2016
United States
Local time: 06:53
English to Japanese
Microsoft word May 16, 2003

Microsoft word have a big share in Japanese wordprocessing softwares. Sometimes \"Ichitaro\" can be used.

Basically, Japanese people use same products but they buy Japanese version.

However, you can use English version of Word to input Japanese. I don\'t think there are a lot of missing capability compared to Japanese version especially if you are using Windows XP.

Quote:

On 2003-05-16 19:3... See more
Microsoft word have a big share in Japanese wordprocessing softwares. Sometimes \"Ichitaro\" can be used.

Basically, Japanese people use same products but they buy Japanese version.

However, you can use English version of Word to input Japanese. I don\'t think there are a lot of missing capability compared to Japanese version especially if you are using Windows XP.

Quote:

On 2003-05-16 19:32, MariW wrote:

Can anyone let me know the \"standard\" software out there for typing documents in Japanese? Thanks much for your help...

[ This Message was edited by: Noriko on 2003-05-16 19:41] ▲ Collapse

jsl (X)
jsl (X)
Local time: 19:53
English to Japanese
+ ...
ATOK May 19, 2003

Quote:

I guess that the asker wants to know what kind of input method is best used in typing Japanese characters, and I would not hesitate to say that it is ATOK. It is the best-selling Japanese input method, and it is available both for ... See more
Quote:

I guess that the asker wants to know what kind of input method is best used in typing Japanese characters, and I would not hesitate to say that it is ATOK. It is the best-selling Japanese input method, and it is available both for Macintosh and for Windows, as well as for Linux. See:

http://www.atok.com/

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Input Software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »