spell checker isn’t working
Persoa que publicou o fío: Carlos Avila
Carlos Avila
Carlos Avila
Local time: 17:35
English to Portuguese
Feb 3, 2006

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem and hope someone can help me.
I reformat my computer recently and reinstall my Office 97 and Trados Freelance Edition3 .
The problem now is that the spell checker isn’t working when I am translating into Portuguese or any other language. Only the English spell checker is working.
Could anybody help me?
Thanks
Carlos

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:35
Danish to English
+ ...
spelling Feb 4, 2006

Reinstall your Portuguese spell-checker.

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.

Carlos Avila
Carlos Avila
English to Portuguese
INICIO DE TEMA
how can I reinstall my spell-checker Feb 4, 2006

Thanks Blangsted,

Just one more thing, how can I reinstall the spell-checker?
Is it part of Trados?
All I did in the past was installing MS Office and then install Trados. Everything was working fine. I don't remember having specifically installing a spell-checker.
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:35
Danish to English
+ ...
spell check Feb 4, 2006

Carlos Avila wrote:

Thanks Blangsted,

Is it part of Trados?
All I did in the past was installing MS Office and then install Trados. Everything was working fine. I don't remember having specifically installing a spell-checker.
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

-------

If you installed Word in your language, then your language is associated with that program. Reinstalling/repair the program (use the function for repair) should take care of that. Otherwise, Microsoft has a multi-language spell-checker on a CD (possible also as download) that you can buy. By the way, - do you have the correct language pair checked correctly in Work Bench???

[Edited at 2006-02-04 16:20]

Carlos Avila
Carlos Avila
English to Portuguese
INICIO DE TEMA
spell checker problem solved Feb 5, 2006

Hi Blangsted, I figured it out.
My Office 97 is in English, what I did was download the corresponding Portuguese files and copy them in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF
It is working now.
Thank-you very much
Have a good weekend.
Carlos

BLANGSTED wrote:

Carlos Avila wrote:

Thanks Blangsted,

Is it part of Trados?
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

-------

If you installed Word in your language, then your language is associated with that program. Reinstalling/repair the program (use the function for repair) should take care of that. Otherwise, Microsoft has a multi-language spell-checker on a CD (possible also as download) that you can buy. By the way, - do you have the correct language pair checked correctly in Work Bench???

[Edited at 2006-02-04 16:20]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

spell checker isn’t working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »