Jobs restricted to Platinum members
Persoa que publicou o fío: Russell Jones
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:32
Italian to English
Jan 12, 2004

Much as I understand why ProZ.com has given job-posters the option to restrict bids to Platinum members, this cannot really be in its own interest as long as the posting is accessible without restrictions on other sites:
http://www.proz.com/job/48290... See more
Much as I understand why ProZ.com has given job-posters the option to restrict bids to Platinum members, this cannot really be in its own interest as long as the posting is accessible without restrictions on other sites:
http://www.proz.com/job/48290
http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/SelectedJob.asp?Job=4337
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:32
English to German
+ ...
Outsourcer's decision Jan 12, 2004

Hi Russell,
This option was also introduced at the request of various outsourcers (although I wouldn't want to dispute the fact that ProZ.com has a certain interest here, too).

Thing is, it's impossible to prevent the outsourcer from posting the same job on several sites - that's what happened here. However, you might question the wisdom of restricting the job on ProZ.com and openly posting it somewhere else... If you note a similar occurrence, please contact a Jobs Area coord
... See more
Hi Russell,
This option was also introduced at the request of various outsourcers (although I wouldn't want to dispute the fact that ProZ.com has a certain interest here, too).

Thing is, it's impossible to prevent the outsourcer from posting the same job on several sites - that's what happened here. However, you might question the wisdom of restricting the job on ProZ.com and openly posting it somewhere else... If you note a similar occurrence, please contact a Jobs Area coordinator, and we'll touch base with the poster(s).

Best regards, Ralf
Collapse

Myriam Garcia Bernabe
Myriam Garcia Bernabe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:32
English to Spanish
Educating outsourcers Jan 13, 2004

Hi All

In the meantime, would it not be possible for Proz to educate its outsourcers? I mean, by making sure they understand that a Platinum member is somebody who has paid for the privilege as opposed to a "better" professional.

However, after just having been platinum for 6 months and seeing that it made no difference; I am not sure this really matters. Well, only to discriminate within the sheer volume of replies a job might get.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Jobs restricted to Platinum members

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »