Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:49
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I agree too Jul 31, 2012

Neil Coffey wrote:

Agree with Sheila's last post

So do I. Agencies may have hundreds of CVs on file. They need a CV that's all on one page (double spaced), has a good friendly photograph of you, and just a few key points. They don't want to hear your life story.

[Edited at 2012-07-31 15:41 GMT]

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:49
English to Russian
+ ...
Did you make one hundred offers? Jul 31, 2012

I think that a below excerpt is relevant to the situation with offers here on Proz.

• Introduction

Qualifying leads and prospects plays a very significant role in selling. Without a solid prospect list, it will be difficult to build a sales territory. Finding the potential prospects is one of the most critical phases of a salesperson’s work. If a salesperson is not vigilant, he will lose the potential customers to aggressive competitors. Sales pro
... See more
I think that a below excerpt is relevant to the situation with offers here on Proz.

• Introduction

Qualifying leads and prospects plays a very significant role in selling. Without a solid prospect list, it will be difficult to build a sales territory. Finding the potential prospects is one of the most critical phases of a salesperson’s work. If a salesperson is not vigilant, he will lose the potential customers to aggressive competitors. Sales prospecting has been compared to panning for gold. Just as a prospector digs for the gold, using his pick and pan, the sales prospector must also look for qualified prospects using his sales tools.

According to an authentic survey, out of every 100 prospects, there are probably ten who are qualified to purchase. Of those ten, there are probably only three who have the immediate need to buy. How do you find those three buyers? That is how the sales process starts.

unquote

[Edited at 2012-07-31 19:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-07-31 19:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-07-31 21:29 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do my quotes get declined?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »