Persoa que publicou o fío: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:38
English to French
Nov 4, 2005

Hello,

I often receive job notices for tutoring or interpretation. I don't mind, except that about 100% of them are ruled out because of location. It would therefore help to include the location for location-based jobs inside the email notice (vs. somewhere at the bottom of the web page...), so that the offer can be dismissed immediately if need be.

Thanks,

Jacques

[Edited at 2005-11-04 17:58]

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Seconded Nov 5, 2005

So right. It would be (also) be useful if the location were invariably included in the titles of posts for jobs of this sort.

[Edited at 2005-11-05 15:34]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Nov 5, 2005

...to ProZ.com job systems.

Good point - I've added this to our 'wish list' for the next Jobs/BB release.

Best regards,
Ralf

Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to French
INICIO DE TEMA
One step further Nov 5, 2005

Thanks.

Of course, to do things better, this should be coupled with the Maps feature, and every member should specify, in their preferences for job notices, how far away a location-based job can be in order to be notified to them.

I think it is actually the only way to integrate location-based jobs in our (usually) location-independent context. Since there is already the Maps feature, it may not be overkill.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inclusion of location in notices for location-based jobs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »