Thread poster: Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:52
Latvian to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2006

I have been using Kaspersky AV for about 2 years and up until now everything has been fine. However, today it has been disconnecting every 20 minutes and a Windows message keeps appearing saying 'Kaspersky AV has encounted a problem and must close' (or something like that). I can only connect it by clicking on the message box that pops up saying 'restart programme'.

I use Windows XP professional and have the latest version of Kaspersky (6.0). I've run a full system scan, restarted
... See more
I have been using Kaspersky AV for about 2 years and up until now everything has been fine. However, today it has been disconnecting every 20 minutes and a Windows message keeps appearing saying 'Kaspersky AV has encounted a problem and must close' (or something like that). I can only connect it by clicking on the message box that pops up saying 'restart programme'.

I use Windows XP professional and have the latest version of Kaspersky (6.0). I've run a full system scan, restarted the computer several times......but can't rectify the problem. I downloaded the renewal licence a few months ago, so I imagine I can't just uninstall and reinstall the programme.

Any suggestions?

[Edited at 2006-11-22 23:52]
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 19:52
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Dear Jana Nov 23, 2006

had the came problem for a whole day today, Skyped with local representative chief of KAV, he told me it it was due to some faulty today's update (I kept receiving an error message that KAV cannot divide something with Zero)
The remedy (in Latvian) is here: www.antivirus.lv and go to the bottom.

... See more
had the came problem for a whole day today, Skyped with local representative chief of KAV, he told me it it was due to some faulty today's update (I kept receiving an error message that KAV cannot divide something with Zero)
The remedy (in Latvian) is here: www.antivirus.lv and go to the bottom.

http://www.antivirus.lv/news.php?l=lv&d=22.11.2006&n=1

(please read the instructions there, they may work for you).

However, the remedy didn't work for me, after download and attempting to launch the remedy file, I just got the message something like that "the file cannot be launched", so I manually found the faulty file indicated in their Webpage for users of previous versions of Windows (Start-Search updcfg.xmlupdcfg.xml ) and deleated it. After that I had to restart my computer several times, but all is back to normal now.

Uldis

Jana Teteris wrote:

I use Windows XP professional and have the latest version of Kaspersky (6.0). I've run a full system scan, restarted the computer several times......but can't rectify the problem. I downloaded the renewal licence a few months ago, so I imagine I can't just uninstall and reinstall the programme.

Any suggestions?

[Edited at 2006-11-22 23:52]

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-11-23 00:22]

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-11-23 00:29]
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 19:52
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
For Kaspery users in English and Russian Nov 23, 2006

Remedy in English:

http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kav6/error?qid=208279058

Remedy in Russian:

http://www.kaspersky.ru/support/kav6/error?qid=208635290

Uldis

maumi
maumi
Italy
Local time: 18:52
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Thank you! Nov 23, 2006

Thank you Uldis! The remedy in English worked for me

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:52
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 23, 2006

Looks like it worked for me too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kaspersky AV keeps disconnecting

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »