Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:44
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 27

Hello everyone

I have a text file with lines of text in English, but unfortunately some of the lines are in Afrikaans. I want to either remove the Afrikaans lines or create a list of all the Afrikaans lines (either option is good for me). Chat GPT claims to be able to do this, but as usual, it simply creates a list of lines that looks plausible, until you double-check it and discover that the bot had just made up a list that looks highly similar to the topic of the list of input l
... See more
Hello everyone

I have a text file with lines of text in English, but unfortunately some of the lines are in Afrikaans. I want to either remove the Afrikaans lines or create a list of all the Afrikaans lines (either option is good for me). Chat GPT claims to be able to do this, but as usual, it simply creates a list of lines that looks plausible, until you double-check it and discover that the bot had just made up a list that looks highly similar to the topic of the list of input lines.

Is there an AI (or technological) solution to do this?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:44
English to Russian
Remove by language Feb 27

Probably you can try to remove by language: select all, set 'Detect language automatically' in the Proofing Language settings and then replace all Afrikaans text with a blank 'Replace with' field.

[Edited at 2024-02-27 18:22 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Remove all lines in language X

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »