Feb 21, 2003

[ This Message was edited by: ronjon on 2003-03-20 14:40]

edlih_be
edlih_be
Local time: 17:05
Flemish to English
+ ...
not 100% sure but.... Feb 21, 2003

if the terms within a purchase order are not agreed beforehand, then i don\'t consider it to be binding. if i receive the PO after i have started the job, and find something objectionable, then i will let the client know.

if no agreement has been made, i apply the European Late Payments Directive, which allows you to set the payment terms at 30 days.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-21 17:57]

primepage
primepage
English to German
+ ...
P/O Mar 5, 2003

I don\'t think P/Os sent after the fact would hold water in a court of law. In most countries, any written messages (or oral agreement, if a witness or recording is present) would be valid as a purchase contract, if the messages show both parties agreed and the buyer gives the final go-ahead. I assume that with services it is the same as with merchandise, in international trading an order and a confirmation (of the order) are a valid contract. If you have many such clients, you can prevent that ... See more
I don\'t think P/Os sent after the fact would hold water in a court of law. In most countries, any written messages (or oral agreement, if a witness or recording is present) would be valid as a purchase contract, if the messages show both parties agreed and the buyer gives the final go-ahead. I assume that with services it is the same as with merchandise, in international trading an order and a confirmation (of the order) are a valid contract. If you have many such clients, you can prevent that by issuing a P/I (Proforma Invoice) stating service content with your conditions and have them sign it back. This is binding and they should be in breach of contract in many countries, if they do not observe conditions they accepted.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »