TermWiki: It says that it is easy to upload terms in MultiTerm format. Has anyone managed this?
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:59
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 6, 2010

On the TermWiki website it says that it is easy to upload terms in MultiTerm format. Has anyone actually managed this?

They say:

"Uploading in Multiterm format
Many terms can also be uploaded at once in a Multiterm format, please select a compatible XML file. Please refer to the output file Termwiki generates in multiterm format as references.

Click on Browse to locate the file and Import to begin importing the terms."

Does anyone
... See more
On the TermWiki website it says that it is easy to upload terms in MultiTerm format. Has anyone actually managed this?

They say:

"Uploading in Multiterm format
Many terms can also be uploaded at once in a Multiterm format, please select a compatible XML file. Please refer to the output file Termwiki generates in multiterm format as references.

Click on Browse to locate the file and Import to begin importing the terms."

Does anyone know where to actually find such a "compatible XML file"?

Thanks,

Michael

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-10-06 13:20 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Uploaded - not downloaded Oct 6, 2010

It means that if you want to share your glossary created in Multiterm - you can export it to xml file and upload to TermWiki. Such a file will be saved on your computer in location chosen by you.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Edited to add:

It is also possible to export terms from TermWiki to your own computer (4 terms for each one you contribute). The instruc
... See more
It means that if you want to share your glossary created in Multiterm - you can export it to xml file and upload to TermWiki. Such a file will be saved on your computer in location chosen by you.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Edited to add:

It is also possible to export terms from TermWiki to your own computer (4 terms for each one you contribute). The instruction how to do it is here: http://www.termwiki.com/Help:Export_Terms

S

[Edited at 2010-10-06 20:29 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stanislaw, But I meant: Oct 6, 2010

... where is the MultiTerm output file that TermWiki generates*. The reason I need this, is that my MultiTerm files are not uploading correctly. I have various different types, exported from memoQ, and MultiTerm 2009... however, they are all giving errors, and so I want to see what exact type TermWiki requires.

* "Please refer to the output file Termwiki generates in multiterm format as references."

I found the Export h
... See more
... where is the MultiTerm output file that TermWiki generates*. The reason I need this, is that my MultiTerm files are not uploading correctly. I have various different types, exported from memoQ, and MultiTerm 2009... however, they are all giving errors, and so I want to see what exact type TermWiki requires.

* "Please refer to the output file Termwiki generates in multiterm format as references."

I found the Export here: http://www.termwiki.com/Special:ViewXML

Michael
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TermWiki: It says that it is easy to upload terms in MultiTerm format. Has anyone managed this?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »