Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:59
English to German
+ ...
Jan 25, 2007

Hi!
with integrated dolby surround 5.1 boxes, so that every click sounds like a bomb. Got sick of 17-19-21 inch monitors and very close on the desk, now the TV monitor stands 2 meters off from the desk on it´s own stand in a corner. LG make. Has anybody tried to integrate TV monitors (TFT type - digital connector cables) I went for this solution due to various reasons price (€500,-) integrated professional DVD and all gadget interface, one needs only an additional adapter to conver it t
... See more
Hi!
with integrated dolby surround 5.1 boxes, so that every click sounds like a bomb. Got sick of 17-19-21 inch monitors and very close on the desk, now the TV monitor stands 2 meters off from the desk on it´s own stand in a corner. LG make. Has anybody tried to integrate TV monitors (TFT type - digital connector cables) I went for this solution due to various reasons price (€500,-) integrated professional DVD and all gadget interface, one needs only an additional adapter to conver it to a comp.monitor, secondly the 21" TFT type digital monitors are not cheap either, cost part almost €500,- from LG or Sony and do not have TV interface. You should try it, it is ideal also for large format projection work. Best Brandis
Collapse

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 17:59
English to Indonesian
+ ...
congrats! Jan 26, 2007

that's great. for me, i'm aiming for a macbook first...

Gert Hirschfeld
Gert Hirschfeld  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Think big! Jan 29, 2007

I'm not! I prefer to go the whole way and get a TV projector, so I'll have the whole wall covered in translations, reference files, glossaries, and a few moving flash pictures to avoid boredom.
Mustn't get KudoZ covered up with all this other stuff!
(where are the smily buttons here, eh?)

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
grand isn´t it! Jan 29, 2007

Gert Hirschfeld wrote:

I'm not! I prefer to go the whole way and get a TV projector, so I'll have the whole wall covered in translations, reference files, glossaries, and a few moving flash pictures to avoid boredom.
Mustn't get KudoZ covered up with all this other stuff!
(where are the smily buttons here, eh?)

Hi! I use phillips panel projectors, they are very good while watching movies or product presentations. But the idea of a large screen is bigger font, better distribution, relaxed eyes and back while not having to bend over the table (15" 17" or even 19" monitors) but sit like a pilot and straight ahead. It sure is very nice and fun. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

finally went for 29 inch TV monitors

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »