De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Local time: 14:03
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Apr 30, 2011

Does anyone know a Masai community in London?
I need to find someone that speaks Maa and i can't seem to find anyone.

Thanks

Paula

Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
location May 3, 2011

Do they have to be in London? I have some Masai friends but they are in Tanzania. I also know a good Kenyan-based Swahili translator, who may have Masai contacts.

Peter Dann
Peter Dann
Engels
Urgent - can you help - English to Maa (Maasai) translators? Aug 1, 2011

Wendy Leech wrote:

Do they have to be in London? I have some Masai friends but they are in Tanzania. I also know a good Kenyan-based Swahili translator, who may have Masai contacts.

Dear Wendy,

SDL International (http://www.sdl.com) is a leading supplier of localisation services to the IT, engineering, automotive, life sciences, e-business & multimedia sectors.

We periodically assist the volunteer organisation www.translatorswithoutborders.org that provides free translations in international emergencies and crises (such as the earthquake in Haiti last year and the droughts/famine in Africa). They have asked us if we are able to help them urgently identify Maa/Maasai translators. I am hoping that perhaps you might be able to help us/them get in touch with such a translator - I saw your ProZ comment that you have some contacts for the language? TWB need to help translate some health material for the Maasai tribespeople.

Do you think you might possibly be able to help?

Please could you confirm receipt of my email?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Peter Dann | Vendor Manager | SDL | Language Services Division | (t) +44 (0)1628 410100 | (f) +44 (0)1628 410150 [email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Maa language speakers in London

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »