Thread poster: Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
United States
Local time: 02:29
Japanese to English
+ ...
Apr 12, 2003

I just upgraded my computer to XP. I am having troubles using my Japanese dictionaries. All menu bars of my dictionaries appear \"Mojibake\". How can I fix this? Please somebody let me know how to view menu bars for my dictionaries in Japanese.

I am also having a trouble with my email too. The subject line turns into \"Mojibake\" if it is written in Japanese. I use microsoft outlook. I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:29
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are you using English or Japanese version? Apr 13, 2003

Are you using English or Japanese version of XP?

I think I might have a solution for you, but tell me which language version of XP you using.

bd2016
bd2016
United States
Local time: 05:29
English to Japanese
This website has the info Apr 13, 2003

http://www.nihongo-ok.com/

Good website to show how to use Japanese in XP.

I am using XP too but have no problem.

You need to change

\"Regional and Language option\" in Control Panel.

I hope this helps.

Quote:

On 2003-04-12 18:06, Tamie wrote:

I just upgraded... See more
http://www.nihongo-ok.com/

Good website to show how to use Japanese in XP.

I am using XP too but have no problem.

You need to change

\"Regional and Language option\" in Control Panel.

I hope this helps.

Quote:

On 2003-04-12 18:06, Tamie wrote:

I just upgraded my computer to XP. I am having troubles using my Japanese dictionaries. All menu bars of my dictionaries appear \"Mojibake\". How can I fix this? Please somebody let me know how to view menu bars for my dictionaries in Japanese.

I am also having a trouble with my email too. The subject line turns into \"Mojibake\" if it is written in Japanese. I use microsoft outlook. I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

Collapse

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
Japanese to French
Specify Japanese for non unicode programs Apr 13, 2003

In the Linguistic and regional options -> Advanced options (my translation of the French Windows XP menus, it may be a bit different), you can specify Japanese for your non unicode programs. I use a lot of Japanese programs on the French version of Windows XP, and there is no mojibake.

Alain

Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
United States
Local time: 02:29
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you every body!! Apr 13, 2003

I changed the unicode to Japanese and got my dictionaries working. Thank you so much!! You guys are my heros!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use Japanese program on XP?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »