Sophie Kinsella, be in touch with
Thread poster: Antonella DI FAZIO (X)
Antonella DI FAZIO (X)
Antonella DI FAZIO (X)
Local time: 00:36
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 26, 2003

Hi everybody, I am an Italian translator and I love Sophie Kinsella books. I would like to contact Sophie (or probably her manager) to propose my translation service.
Anyone who knows how to contact this great and very nice author?
Thanks a lot!

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:36
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Editor Nov 26, 2003

Hi,

why not try to contact the Editor?

Good luck
Natália

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Check to see who the author thanked Nov 26, 2003

Here is a general tip for getting in touch with an author, which may or may not apply in your case. An author often includes an acknowledgment, in which she thanks all the people who helped her write the book and get it published. If she names her editor and/or literary agent, you can try contacting that person. An internet search should help you find the person's contact information.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Contact the agent... Nov 27, 2003

Giovanni

[Edited at 2003-11-27 09:47]

Antonella DI FAZIO (X)
Antonella DI FAZIO (X)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks everybody Nov 27, 2003

I will contact the editor!

giogi
giogi
Antonella, Nov 27, 2003

Antonella Di Fazio wrote:

Hi everybody, I am an Italian translator and I love Sophie Kinsella books. I would like to contact Sophie (or probably her manager) to propose my translation service.
Anyone who knows how to contact this great and very nice author?
Thanks a lot!

Kinsella's works have already been translated into Italian and published by Mondadori....I don't think it will be a piece of cake...Mondadori has its translators.Why not to choose works not yet translated into Italian?!?
Love
Giovanna

Flora Iacoponi, MCIL
Flora Iacoponi, MCIL  Identity Verified
Ireland
English to Italian
+ ...
Link.. Nov 28, 2003

Ciao Antonella,
in case you don't know it already, have a look at the website of the Italian literary translators, www.biblit.it, where you'll be able to find a lot of tips on what you need to do to translate a book of an author not yet translated.
good luck
Flora

Antonella DI FAZIO (X)
Antonella DI FAZIO (X)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Nov 28, 2003

Thank you Flora and Giovanna!
I Know biblit and I know Sophie Kinsella has already been translated, but I hope she will write again...
I love her heroines...(ok, they are so funny I relaxed myself reading their adventures)
Have a nice week end

Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
By the way... Dec 1, 2003

A funny discovery about the translation into Italian (??) of Kinsella's trilogy.
http://www.corriere.it/solferino/severgnini/03-12-01/11.spm

ps con questo non voglio sparare a zero sulla traduttrice, che da ciò che si vede in rete non mi sembra l'ultima arrivata. Per quanto ne so, spesso non è chi traduce a scegliere il titolo.

ps sorry for wri
... See more
A funny discovery about the translation into Italian (??) of Kinsella's trilogy.
http://www.corriere.it/solferino/severgnini/03-12-01/11.spm

ps con questo non voglio sparare a zero sulla traduttrice, che da ciò che si vede in rete non mi sembra l'ultima arrivata. Per quanto ne so, spesso non è chi traduce a scegliere il titolo.

ps sorry for writing in Italian, I thought I was in the Italian forum. I was just saying that maybe the translator is not to blame, probably the title was "translated" by the publisher. (I guess for marketing reasons that have nothing to do with translation)

[Edited at 2003-12-01 14:39]

[Edited at 2003-12-03 15:25]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sophie Kinsella, be in touch with

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »