What else is there besides SDL Multi-term for glossaries?
Thread poster: Valerie Steinier-Vanderstraeten
Valerie Steinier-Vanderstraeten
Belgium
Local time: 01:40
Member (2008)
Dutch to French
+ ...
Jan 10, 2011

Hello,

I was wondering what else besides SDL Multi-term was used to create and manage glossaries.
If you do not use Trados, what are the alternatives for glossary management?

Or is SDL Multi-term the best tool out there?

Thanks for your reply,
Valerie

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 02:40
German to Arabic
+ ...
TermStar is a great option as well Jan 10, 2011

Hi Valerie,

TermStar, which can be used either as a part of the TM Transit or as a standalone terminology management tool is a powerful one, that also helps saving time in many tasks.

Among many useful features, it helps you creating multilingual dictionaries with lots of languages and also lets you use dictionaries in direction.

I hope this would be helpful for you.

Thanks and best regards

ATT

Belgium
Local time: 01:40
Member (2008)
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info on TermStar Jan 10, 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the info on TermStar. I will look into it and see which MT it would be compatible with.
I'm trying to find alternatives to SDL which are compatible with one another for the creating anf sharing of glossaries.

Thanks again,
Valerie

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 02:40
German to Arabic
+ ...
Each TM has it's own Terminology mangement tool - Think about interchange formats Jan 10, 2011

Hi,

There are also many other tools, that come with the other TMs and do similar tasks.
For example Across includes CrossTerm.

Usually you can exchange your terminology from one terminology too using interchange formats, like the format "*mtf".
In many cases, I need to use my dictionaries created in on TM in another one.

So, it is always important to find out, what are the formats your tool can import\export.
This helps you finding out, w
... See more
Hi,

There are also many other tools, that come with the other TMs and do similar tasks.
For example Across includes CrossTerm.

Usually you can exchange your terminology from one terminology too using interchange formats, like the format "*mtf".
In many cases, I need to use my dictionaries created in on TM in another one.

So, it is always important to find out, what are the formats your tool can import\export.
This helps you finding out, which one of them would suit your needs more.

Best regards
ATT

[تم التعديل في 2011-01-10 19:34 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What else is there besides SDL Multi-term for glossaries?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »