How to control the different panes in the translation editor?
Thread poster: Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 12:22
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 6, 2013

I´m having a problem with the translation editor view that I´m not able to sort out.

In the translation editor view, where the actual translation is being done:

- The translation grid is gone. Instead I have the translation results (showing glossary and TM matches) occupying the entire upper part of the editor. How do I get the translation grid to show in its normal position on the upper left-hand side of the editor, while the translation results should be in the rig
... See more
I´m having a problem with the translation editor view that I´m not able to sort out.

In the translation editor view, where the actual translation is being done:

- The translation grid is gone. Instead I have the translation results (showing glossary and TM matches) occupying the entire upper part of the editor. How do I get the translation grid to show in its normal position on the upper left-hand side of the editor, while the translation results should be in the righ-hand side of the editor?

- The translation preview pane, which normally should show fixed in a position underneath the translation grid (towards the lower left corner), has turned itself into a small free-floating window of its own. How do I get it to return to its original fixed place underneath the translation grid.

I have been trying different options under View but it doesn´t help and I´ve looked in Options and in the Help files but I cannot find any instructions there.

Thanks,

Thomas
Collapse

Thomas Johansson
Peru
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 6, 2013

Ok, I´ve gotten the translation grid to show at least, but now it is also a free-floating window rather than a fixed pane in the place it should be.

Is there an option somewhere controlling the overall translation editor layout or at least for fixing the translation grid and the preview pane in their appropriate positions?

Thomas

[Edited at 2013-02-06 23:13 GMT]

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:22
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Might work Feb 6, 2013

Try going to 'View/Reset current layout' (or indeed 'Switch to next layout')

Sometimes, this might 'overlap' your monitor. The solution seems to be to go to the bottom toolbar. Click 'memoQ/minimize' and then 'memoQ/maximize.

HTH
Chris

Thomas Johansson
Peru
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 6, 2013

Thanks a lot, Chris,

This put me on the right track.

I did View > Reset Current Layout and this did give a better view with all the 3 panes showing and in fixed positions, although not with the particular layout and at the particular positions that I'm used to.

I then closed all open translation editor tabs so that only the Project home tab remained and clicked one of the files to work in and it opened up in a new editor tab with the layout that I'm used t
... See more
Thanks a lot, Chris,

This put me on the right track.

I did View > Reset Current Layout and this did give a better view with all the 3 panes showing and in fixed positions, although not with the particular layout and at the particular positions that I'm used to.

I then closed all open translation editor tabs so that only the Project home tab remained and clicked one of the files to work in and it opened up in a new editor tab with the layout that I'm used to.

Best,

Thomas
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to control the different panes in the translation editor?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »