Problem with pasting text with tracked changes
Thread poster: Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 11:36
English to Bulgarian
Oct 3, 2012

Hello!

I have to create a file with 2 columns. They should contain texts with tracked changes. The problem is that when I paste the text from one file to another the changes are accepted.

Is there a way to paste text with track changes from one file into another so the tracks are are kept?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,
Dimmo

Michael Davies
Michael Davies  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:36
Member (2009)
Danish to English
+ ...
Save a 2nd copy of the document Oct 3, 2012

As far as I know, it is not possible to copy tracked changes into another document while still showing them as tracked changes. I think you have to try a slightly different approach.

I would solve this by making a 2nd copy of your document with the tracked changes (giving the copy a slightly different name), then you could copy / paste the text from your other document (assuming that there are no tracked changes in that).

I hope this gives you what you want.

... See more
As far as I know, it is not possible to copy tracked changes into another document while still showing them as tracked changes. I think you have to try a slightly different approach.

I would solve this by making a 2nd copy of your document with the tracked changes (giving the copy a slightly different name), then you could copy / paste the text from your other document (assuming that there are no tracked changes in that).

I hope this gives you what you want.

Regards,

Michael J.H. Davies,
MJD Translating,
Denmark
Collapse

Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 11:36
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
The second document... Oct 3, 2012

Unluckily the second document contains track changes too. The purpose for document creation is to compare two revisions of one translation and all this in one file.

I could save the two word documents as pdf files and then insert them in InDesign, then export to pdf again.

The riddle could be solved easier, I suppose.

Thank you for your interest!

Greetings,
Dimmo

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:36
Member (2008)
English to French
Easy peasy ;-) Oct 5, 2012

In MS word, click on:

Review -> Compare -> Compare -> Combine

Be sure to have saved the latest changes to both documents first then select them.

If you hit the "more" button, you can choose to show the changes in either of the documents or in a new one.

Voilà

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with pasting text with tracked changes

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »