How to disable AutoCorrect in PowerPoint?
Persoa que publicou o fío: Karin Kutscher
Karin Kutscher
Karin Kutscher  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 22, 2005

Hi all,

I'm using PowerPoint 2000 (9.0.2716) and too often when I'm overwriting text in a slide, I get the dialog "AutoCorrect is not installed, do you want to install it now?" (not an exact quote, since I have the application in Spanish.)

Thanks for any and all help

Seema Ugrankar
Seema Ugrankar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:06
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Try disabling the Autocorrect feature Dec 23, 2005

Usually, the Autocorrect option is available on the Tools menu in all the components of most of the Office versions - Tools>Autocorrect (or Autocorrect options...). Uncheck the boxes if checked.

Regards,
Seema

Karin Kutscher
English to Spanish
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
Still in trouble Dec 23, 2005

ugrankar wrote:

Usually, the Autocorrect option is available on the Tools menu in all the components of most of the Office versions - Tools>Autocorrect (or Autocorrect options...). Uncheck the boxes if checked.

Regards,
Seema

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately there are no such options (to disable AutoCorrect) in the application/version I'm using.

[Edited at 2005-12-23 13:57]

Seema Ugrankar
India
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Try this... Dec 23, 2005

In Powerpoint select:Tools>customize. In the ensuing dialog box, select the Commands tab. Try to find the Autocorrect in each category (normally it is in the Tools category). If you are able to find it, just drag it on to your toolbar or place it under the Tools menu and then follow the steps as described earlier.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Seema

Karin Kutscher
English to Spanish
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
Nothing yet Dec 23, 2005

ugrankar wrote:

In Powerpoint select:Tools>customize. In the ensuing dialog box, select the Commands tab. Try to find the Autocorrect in each category (normally it is in the Tools category). If you are able to find it, just drag it on to your toolbar or place it under the Tools menu and then follow the steps as described earlier.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Seema

Hi Seema,

Thanks for this new tip. It gave me hope for a while. I could find AutoCorrect as instructed and then dragged it to the menu bar. However, the resulting new menu (AutoCorrect) didn't have any options for deactivation either.

Finally I dragged down the AutoCorrect option itself from below the Tools menu and into the Customize dialog box, making it dissappear. But I still get the annoying messages when I type in a slide.

Karin Kutscher
English to Spanish
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
Dec 23, 2005

[Edited at 2005-12-23 20:31]

Seema Ugrankar
India
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Try reinstalling MS-Office Dec 24, 2005

It looks like we have come full circle, Karin. Seems to be a typical problem for your Spanish Office version. The only option left is to try reinstalling it from your Office CD. If this still does'nt work, try copying your presentation text to wordpad and aftering overwriting it, copy it back to the Powerpoint slide.

Regards,
Seema

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:36
Membro (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

MODERADOR
SITE LOCALIZER
I would suggest clicking 'yes' Dec 24, 2005

and installing the option from the CD; you'll be able to disable it afterwards

Karin Kutscher
English to Spanish
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
Thanks but... Dec 24, 2005

Natalie wrote:

and installing the option from the CD; you'll be able to disable it afterwards

The option seems to be already installed, as I see it under my Tools menu (or rather, saw it until customizing my Tools menu as per suggestion above). Also, the message is so frequent that many times I don't have the time to press "Cancel" while typing, and thus "Yes" gets pressed by default.

Then, a message appears saying that MS Word will be installed (!). This is the same message that I get when opening a .doc or .rtf file from Windows Explorer, seemingly due to the fact that the Word version that I normally use is 97, but the 2000 is also installed.

To you and Seema, thanks again for trying to help me. I'll see what can be done, but having reinstalled all versions of Office several times in the past, I don't think that this will solve the problems anymore. :|

[Edited at 2005-12-24 15:07]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to disable AutoCorrect in PowerPoint?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »