Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:31
Membro (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Sep 15, 2006

Hi,

I've recently installed Office 2003, and the following 'auto-editing' feature in Word is driving me crazy:

During the editing of a document (written elsewhere), when I add a word with a Capital letter at the beginning of a sentence, the Capital letter gets lowercase as soon as I push the space bar following that word.

Can't work out what auto-feature causes this...

Thanks, Doron

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:31
German to English
+ ...
What's the word before it? Sep 15, 2006

go to Tools / Autocorrect Options / Autocorrect

There is an option there for capitalising. To the right of this option there is a box for "Exceptions".

I can only guess that you have ticked the "capitalize first letter of sentences", and that the word preceding the troublesome one is actually one of your "exceptions".

As I say, just guessing.

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:31
Membro (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
Good guess, but... Sep 15, 2006

Thanks Cilian, however I checked the Exceptions tabs and there is nothing there. Yet you may be right in that Word wants to capitalize (there's a check in that box), and I 'force' it to decapitlize...

Have a good weekend, Doron

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Word auto-edit feature I want removed

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »