Spell Check in PowerPoint?
Persoa que publicou o fío: mmeier
mmeier
mmeier
Local time: 00:16
German to English
Jan 21, 2007

Hello Everyone,
I have a large PPT project coming up that involves around 200 slides.

Does anyone know of a way to highlight the entire PPT document to set the language, rather than having to do it for every single slide with Ctrl A and then seting the language.

Otherwise it will take a lot of time, just to get the files set to English. What can I say...I am a poor speller!

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Membro (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

MODERADOR
SITE LOCALIZER
FYI Jan 21, 2007

The thread has been moved to Office Applications forum.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Membro
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Asked before Jan 21, 2007

I asked this same question some months back, for the moment I can't find the thread

Anyway, Terry Richards very kindly contributed to the thread, and has sent me a small program he wrote that does just this. I am reluctant to pass it on to you directly, so perhaps you could contact Terry yourself, and naturally, I would be happy to pass it on if he authorizes me to.

But I can confirm that it does work ve
... See more
I asked this same question some months back, for the moment I can't find the thread

Anyway, Terry Richards very kindly contributed to the thread, and has sent me a small program he wrote that does just this. I am reluctant to pass it on to you directly, so perhaps you could contact Terry yourself, and naturally, I would be happy to pass it on if he authorizes me to.

But I can confirm that it does work very well!

Get back to me if you need to!
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Membro (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
A link to my old solution Jan 21, 2007

http://www.proz.com/post/245440#245440

HTH
Antonin

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Membro (2006)
English
+ ...
Maybe... Jan 21, 2007

All the STANDARD text boxes (headings and text boxes, which are common to all the slides) will be checked in a normal check, and the language may also be changed. But custom boxes on individual cards will not submit to this search and check.

Hopefully Tony remembers where that thread is (eat more fish, Tony !! )

It would be very useful to be able to do global functions on text box text, but I guess we ha
... See more
All the STANDARD text boxes (headings and text boxes, which are common to all the slides) will be checked in a normal check, and the language may also be changed. But custom boxes on individual cards will not submit to this search and check.

It would be very useful to be able to do global functions on text box text, but I guess we have just learned to cope with it! It's the same with Word's text boxes.

Bill
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Membro
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not a case of remembering... Jan 21, 2007

William [Bill] Gray wrote:

Hi Bill!

It's not so much a question of remembering (I'm confident it was in this "Office Apps. forum"), but of simply FINDING it, the forum is SO busy!

That's the whole point — Terry's program does indeed let you change the language of them all GLOBALLY, which is a HUGE time saver! The spell checking is OK, that DOES work globally — but is only any good if all the text boxes are set to the right language before you start.

[Edited at 2007-01-21 15:21]

Tony M
Tony M
France
Membro
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
FOUND IT! Jan 21, 2007

Stung by Bill's accusation of early-onset dementia, I've just taken time out of my deadline-crashing job to research these links for you — as usual, greatly impeded by the bizarrely unergonomic ProZ search engine!

Here's my original posting where Terry talks about his VBA program:

http://www.proz.com/post/382270#382270

And here's another (earlier) thread on
... See more
Stung by Bill's accusation of early-onset dementia, I've just taken time out of my deadline-crashing job to research these links for you — as usual, greatly impeded by the bizarrely unergonomic ProZ search engine!

Here's my original posting where Terry talks about his VBA program:

http://www.proz.com/post/382270#382270

And here's another (earlier) thread on the same topic started by Antonin:

http://www.proz.com/post/245440#245440

Eat fish and fry, Bill! :-Þ

[Edited at 2007-01-21 15:35]
Collapse

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Membro (2006)
English
+ ...
You are the mostest, Tones! Jan 21, 2007

Tony M wrote:

You are wonderful, Tony. Well done. Sorry about the stinging, and I sincerely hope you get masses of unexpected simple repetitions which will enable Trados to perform your whole deadline task while you watch TV; or sleep

Tony M wrote:

Eat fish and fry, Bill! :-Þ

Can I please make that "Fish and chips", then I'll do it happily! That is the one thing I miss most from living in Norway. They just DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT!!

ON a more serious note, thanks for a terrific tool!

Bill

(With no overhanging deadlines on this freezing (-11C) cold, beautifully clear evening in Norway!)

[Edited at 2007-01-21 17:13]

Henrik Pipoyan
Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:16
Membro (2004)
English to Armenian
Hi Jan 22, 2007

In Normal View you there is a separate area on the left of your screen, where you can see the thumbnails of the slides. It has two tabs, the Outline Tab and the Slides Tab. Click on the Outline Tab, i.e., the left tab. Below it you will see the text of all the slides. Then put the cursor somewhere in it and hit Ctrl+A. The whole text will be selected. You can change the language, font, and assign any formatting to the whole text. Please note, however, that it will select only the text in regular... See more
In Normal View you there is a separate area on the left of your screen, where you can see the thumbnails of the slides. It has two tabs, the Outline Tab and the Slides Tab. Click on the Outline Tab, i.e., the left tab. Below it you will see the text of all the slides. Then put the cursor somewhere in it and hit Ctrl+A. The whole text will be selected. You can change the language, font, and assign any formatting to the whole text. Please note, however, that it will select only the text in regular textboxes. If there are new textboxes added on the slides, that text will not be selected.

I hope this helps.

Henry
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell Check in PowerPoint?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »