Lota
Lota
United States
Local time: 10:05
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2002

This is my problem: I create a document in MS WORD with Polish characters using the WP Multinational font. When I transfer it to Adobe (Pagemaker, Illustrator), these characters are lost (nasal a (a/) and nasal e (e/). To create an EPS file I must create these characters anew in Illustrator. Zabiera to bardzo duzo czasu i jest bardzo trudne. Wlasciwie nie wiem, gdzie i jak powinny byc usadowione ogonki i jakiej grubosci maja byc w odniesieniu do samej literary. Jak to Panstwo rozwiazujecie w Pol... See more
This is my problem: I create a document in MS WORD with Polish characters using the WP Multinational font. When I transfer it to Adobe (Pagemaker, Illustrator), these characters are lost (nasal a (a/) and nasal e (e/). To create an EPS file I must create these characters anew in Illustrator. Zabiera to bardzo duzo czasu i jest bardzo trudne. Wlasciwie nie wiem, gdzie i jak powinny byc usadowione ogonki i jakiej grubosci maja byc w odniesieniu do samej literary. Jak to Panstwo rozwiazujecie w Polsce w przypadkach dokumentow, ktore maja byc \"camera-ready\"? (niestety nie wiem, jak to wyrazic po polsku). Z gory dziekuje za odpowiedzi.

Lota

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-24 10:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-24 15:13 ]
Collapse

Galina Nielsen
Galina Nielsen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 19:05
English to Russian
+ ...
Problems with some letters Apr 24, 2002

I have had some experience with making EPS files in Illustrator when the customer needed languages with some peculiar alphabets (Armenian, Russian, Polish, Lettish...). Usually the problems occur if you \"cut and paste\" the text, but not when you \"place\" it into the Illustrator. Try using this if this is the case.

Another answer can be that you use a font that your Illustrator does not have. Try then to use one of the fonts it has in it (just highlight the text with Alt-A and choose
... See more
I have had some experience with making EPS files in Illustrator when the customer needed languages with some peculiar alphabets (Armenian, Russian, Polish, Lettish...). Usually the problems occur if you \"cut and paste\" the text, but not when you \"place\" it into the Illustrator. Try using this if this is the case.

Another answer can be that you use a font that your Illustrator does not have. Try then to use one of the fonts it has in it (just highlight the text with Alt-A and choose another font containing Polish characters).

Third possiblility is that you use your Windows-based text in Macintosh Illustrator (or vice versa). Usually it helps to create an Illustrator EPS file on PC, choose \"Create Contours\" or \"Outline\" to vectorize the text - and then this file can be opened on Mac without problems.

The fourth possibility is to use Word 2000 when working with Polish - these characters are present in every commonly used font like Arial, Courier, Times New Roman etc. The newer version of Illustrator can also be the remedy.

If nothing helps, send me your text and I shall place it into Illustrator for you.

Best regards

Squi
Collapse

Lota
Lota
United States
Local time: 10:05
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
one more time on these letters, let me rephrase my problem: Apr 26, 2002

Dziekuje serdecznie za wskazowki. Zanim je sprobuje zastosowac, musze sie poprawic. Problem jest troszke inny. Pisze dokument po polsku w MS Word (Win XP), uzywajac np. Times New Roman (czcionka) oraz Latin-1 czyli znaki rozne, w tym polskie. Przesylam dokument osobie, ktora, rowniez przy uzyciu Windows, ma zrobic pliki EPS w Adobe Illustrator. I wtedy nastepuje to:

1. gina znaki diakrytyczne (samogloski nosowe a/ i e/ oraz z z kropka jak w \"zuzel\". Znaki, ktore wygladaja
... See more
Dziekuje serdecznie za wskazowki. Zanim je sprobuje zastosowac, musze sie poprawic. Problem jest troszke inny. Pisze dokument po polsku w MS Word (Win XP), uzywajac np. Times New Roman (czcionka) oraz Latin-1 czyli znaki rozne, w tym polskie. Przesylam dokument osobie, ktora, rowniez przy uzyciu Windows, ma zrobic pliki EPS w Adobe Illustrator. I wtedy nastepuje to:

1. gina znaki diakrytyczne (samogloski nosowe a/ i e/ oraz z z kropka jak w \"zuzel\". Znaki, ktore wygladaja jak oznakowania akcentow (nad n, c, z, o) zachowuja sie i nie gina.

Osoba pracujaca w Illustrator musi tworzyc tzw. \"outlined fonts\". Przez to, ze te znaki mina, zabiera to potwornie duzo czasu. Chcialam wiedziec jak sie w Polsce takie rzeczy rozwiazuje, na przyklad w produkcji broszurek reklamowych i innych dokumentow tworzonych metoda \"desktop publishing\".

Dziekuje bardzo serdecznie i pozdrawiam jeszcze raz.

Lota
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

difficulties with 2 Polish letters

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »