Close posting after job has been granted.
Persoa que publicou o fío: Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:20
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2003

I was reading the thread about the "jobs being offered first to Platinum members and afterwards to others" and saw part of the reply of Mr./Mrs. S. Goldsmith:

"What about reminding the poster to close the job once it has been assigned or have it automatically disabled after a certain period of time, chosen by the poster? The fact that the job is still open long after the completion date does not really help to avoid unsolicited emails."

I fully agree with S. Goldsmith.
... See more
I was reading the thread about the "jobs being offered first to Platinum members and afterwards to others" and saw part of the reply of Mr./Mrs. S. Goldsmith:

"What about reminding the poster to close the job once it has been assigned or have it automatically disabled after a certain period of time, chosen by the poster? The fact that the job is still open long after the completion date does not really help to avoid unsolicited emails."

I fully agree with S. Goldsmith. I was wondering if this also bothers other people. I have always thought it very annoying that these job offers are still there - open. If I then bid on them I either:

1) Do not hear anything at all from the client and keep thinking that I may have a chance of getting the job.
2) or they tell me that the job has already been awarded.

I wish then that I had known beforehand that the job was already awarded. Then I would not have lost time applying for it.

Is there anything that can be done about that. Have the system automatically close the job after a certain amount of time, perhaps?

If the job has not been awarded yet, there could be a one-button feature for the client to re-instate it.

I'm sorry, technical-support dept., if this absolutely non-technical person is asking for the impossible.

Thanks everyone for your time.
Lucinda
Collapse

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:20
Membro (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Yes, please have jobs closed after they are filled or timed out. Jul 1, 2003

I agree with Lucinda, it is very annoying not to hear from posters, and what's worse is to see the jobs applied for still posted, although we know they must have been filled almost immediately. Time limit suggestion is good for the posters that just don't send out answers to those of us who weren't lucky enough to get the job and hang around in front of our computers waiting to hear a "yes" or a "no"!... See more
I agree with Lucinda, it is very annoying not to hear from posters, and what's worse is to see the jobs applied for still posted, although we know they must have been filled almost immediately. Time limit suggestion is good for the posters that just don't send out answers to those of us who weren't lucky enough to get the job and hang around in front of our computers waiting to hear a "yes" or a "no"!
Gayle
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Close posting after job has been granted.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »