Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:35
Membro (2002)
Hungarian to English
+ ...

MODERADOR
Jan 9, 2004

I was wondering if it irritates anyone else to see job postings still shown as live while the bid submission deadline is long past. Very often the posters don't bother to close their bids in due time (not too professional, mind you!).
I personally don't have the time to check the job postings daily so I can't tell what's old and what's new, and it would be nice to see only the ones that are still worth looking at, wouldn't you agree?
If you (ProZ.com team) can close non-graded (i.e.
... See more
I was wondering if it irritates anyone else to see job postings still shown as live while the bid submission deadline is long past. Very often the posters don't bother to close their bids in due time (not too professional, mind you!).
I personally don't have the time to check the job postings daily so I can't tell what's old and what's new, and it would be nice to see only the ones that are still worth looking at, wouldn't you agree?
If you (ProZ.com team) can close non-graded (i.e. abandoned) KudoZ questions after a certain wait period, why not have the same system in place for jobs?
Collapse

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:35
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Great idea + a suggestion Jan 9, 2004

I think this is a great idea and I would add one more issue: it might be useful to see on the Blue Board the number of jobs "abandoned" by that particular agency, together with their other data.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think that'd further improve the site.

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
Dutch to English
+ ...
Great idea! Jan 9, 2004

It is frustrating to see many jobs where the deadline has passed.

Lucinda

Ildiko Santana
Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:35
Membro (2002)
Hungarian to English
+ ...

MODERADOR
INICIO DE TEMA
I wonder if anyone from ProZ 'Management' will read this.. Jan 15, 2004

I hope so.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Noted, thanks Jan 15, 2004

As I've pointed out a few times before, we're in the process of redesigning the Jobs Area - that involves quite a bit of conceptual and programming work, which is why I cannot give you a target date. But we're certainly taking suggestions such as this one on board.

Best regards, Ralf

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
OK, but... Jan 20, 2004

...as an outsourcer and a forgetful person, I'd like to see two things, then:
1. An e-mail reminder "The bidding deadlines for the following jobs expired yesterday: "
2. A way of extending the deadline and placing a well visible remark "The deadline for bidding on this job has been extended" in the job description.

Well, so much for my Dear Santa list... ;D

Benjamin Pischner
tectranslate GbR

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
I just noticed... Jan 20, 2004

ildiko wrote:
I was wondering if it irritates anyone else to see job postings still shown as live while the bid submission deadline is long past.

Funnily enough, there seems to be no such thing as a bid submission deadline in the ProZ.com Job posting system. It is rather a "job completion deadline" I see here while posting a new job.

IMHO a bid submission deadline would make a lot more sense, because oftentimes the actual delivery deadline is not yet clear at the time of posting.

Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removal of job postings that are left open after deadline

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »