Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:32
Membro (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
It should be changed to number of days or hours Mar 4, 2011

So for 10000 words the outsourcer could allot 3 or 4 days, meaning the time-span from submission of the PO to the delivery of the translation.
The current system does not make much sense.

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:32
Membro (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Powers of premonition? Mar 4, 2011

The whole matter of bidding a fixed deadline for a proz quote is a bit silly, given the potential time lag of hours, days or even weeks in some cases before the job is closed. Unless you routinely have no work, or the job is relatively short, I don't see how you possibly know what your confirmed availability will be when the job poster makes finally makes a decision three days from now. Were I indeed so prescient, I'd probably be applying that superpower to something more profitable than trans... See more
The whole matter of bidding a fixed deadline for a proz quote is a bit silly, given the potential time lag of hours, days or even weeks in some cases before the job is closed. Unless you routinely have no work, or the job is relatively short, I don't see how you possibly know what your confirmed availability will be when the job poster makes finally makes a decision three days from now. Were I indeed so prescient, I'd probably be applying that superpower to something more profitable than translation. I generally consider all preliminarily quoted deadlines to be subject to confirmation at the time of actual order/PO issuance.Collapse

Páxinas no tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do job deadlines work at ProZ.com?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »