avantix
avantix  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:31
German to Dutch
+ ...
En recordo
Jan 31, 2006

This evening I received within 15 minutes 3 emails from Proz.com with the subject line saying: [BB] XXX is now accepting applications. (XXX stands for 3 different outsourcers.)
Since I'd never received this kind of emails before I was curious what it might be about (possibly a new feature??), so I clicked the link in the first email. Only to see a window appear, saying: The agency ID you specified is not valid or this outsourcer is not currently accepting applications. (I got the same mess
... See more
This evening I received within 15 minutes 3 emails from Proz.com with the subject line saying: [BB] XXX is now accepting applications. (XXX stands for 3 different outsourcers.)
Since I'd never received this kind of emails before I was curious what it might be about (possibly a new feature??), so I clicked the link in the first email. Only to see a window appear, saying: The agency ID you specified is not valid or this outsourcer is not currently accepting applications. (I got the same message from all 3 links).
So what's this about? Can anyone tell me?

Herman

[Edited at 2006-01-31 22:55]

[Edited at 2006-01-31 22:55]
Collapse

Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:31
English to French
Here's an explanation Jan 31, 2006

Hi Herman,
Here's the link to the announcement and explanation of this new feature.

http://www.proz.com/post/299797#299797

Nina

avantix
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
En recordo
Thanks, but... Feb 1, 2006

Hi Nina,
Thank you for your quick reaction. I seem to have missed this whole thread for some reason. I've had a look into this thread and it seems a good option to me - if it works.
I'm still wondering why I received those emails and then, after clicking the link, get a message saying that the specified ID is not valid for this outsourcer. Another bug perhaps? It does not say that I might not qualify because of wrong language combination or other qualification. Still a bit of a myste
... See more
Hi Nina,
Thank you for your quick reaction. I seem to have missed this whole thread for some reason. I've had a look into this thread and it seems a good option to me - if it works.
I'm still wondering why I received those emails and then, after clicking the link, get a message saying that the specified ID is not valid for this outsourcer. Another bug perhaps? It does not say that I might not qualify because of wrong language combination or other qualification. Still a bit of a mystery to me.
Herman
Collapse

Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:31
English to French
Try again Feb 1, 2006

Hi Herman,
I got a similar email too and tried to apply. It didn't work the first time, but it did the second. Maybe just a little bug.

Nina

Oleg Rudavin
Oleg Rudavin  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:31
Membro (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
It's yet under development Feb 1, 2006

avantix wrote:
It does not say that I might not qualify because of wrong language combination or other qualification.

Yes, the feature is new and in need of improvement. One of the things it obviously lacks at the moment is details on the linked page. To see the criteria set by an outsourcer you have to go to the BB record of that outsourcer. Besides, no languge pairs are included yet - will be soon.

Cheers,
Oleg

avantix
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
En recordo
I'll be patient... Feb 1, 2006

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

Hi Herman,
I got a similar email too and tried to apply. It didn't work the first time, but it did the second. Maybe just a little bug.

Nina

Hi Nina,
Well, I tried several times but it still does not work. But as Oleg points out, it's still under development. So I'll be patient.

avantix
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
En recordo
Sit and wait... Feb 1, 2006

Yes, the feature is new and in need of improvement. One of the things it obviously lacks at the moment is details on the linked page. To see the criteria set by an outsourcer you have to go to the BB record of that outsourcer. Besides, no languge pairs are included yet - will be soon.

Cheers,
Oleg[/quote]

Hello Oleg,
Thanks for your explanation. So I'll just sit and wait for the moment and be overwhelmed by the new feature soon...
See more

Cheers,
Oleg[/quote]

Hello Oleg,
Thanks for your explanation. So I'll just sit and wait for the moment and be overwhelmed by the new feature soon

(Still cold in Ukraine?)

Bye
Herman
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accepting applications - what's this??

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »