Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 10:09
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
@ Nicole Jul 3, 2011

Nicole Schnell wrote:

Recently, which means during the past two weeks, I have been approached with several emails coming from this geographical area, all of them via ProZ.com. Applications for translation work, typesetting, a personal request for help with cover letters, a personal request for advice in regard to server and hard disk storage problems (I don't even know what this man is talking about) - I didn't realize that I was so popular there... ???????

Do I have to see a pattern?

Maybe you are popular. As opposed to many people who are freelancers in this thread, you are a Corporate member and you run your own agency. It's not mysterious at all that you get such emails who are desperate to get jobs from agencies, isn't it not? I don't know if you outsource jobs to freelancers or not, but I think many people including myself get jobs from agencies, so the different people who sent you a couple of emails in the past two weeks or so were just marketing themselves to you (excluding the guy who asked you about servers and hard disk storage).

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 04:09
English to Arabic
+ ...
Scam Jul 4, 2011

Lets suppose that such message is not scam (although I believe it is), who shall take the risk of entrusting any project to someone who can hardly write correct English?

The massage is full of grammatical mistakes (that most of scammers commit).

I ignore such messages.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is this guy what he says he is?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »