roeland  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:10
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 9, 2022

Good morning,

I would need some tips or a solution for the following problem: I have studio 2017 installed on the notebook. This must be deactivated to install 2021. When I try this from he menu it says "Login for this product key has been restricted". I am admin on this system. When I check my licenses in the SDL-site, 2017 (0r 2019 for that matter) don't show up so I can not start the offline deactivation. The licenses I can see are several older licenses from 2014 and older.
... See more
Good morning,

I would need some tips or a solution for the following problem: I have studio 2017 installed on the notebook. This must be deactivated to install 2021. When I try this from he menu it says "Login for this product key has been restricted". I am admin on this system. When I check my licenses in the SDL-site, 2017 (0r 2019 for that matter) don't show up so I can not start the offline deactivation. The licenses I can see are several older licenses from 2014 and older.
Any ideas?

Could I just install 2021 over 2017 and be done? if so, can I remove 2017 afterwards
to save space, the notebook has only a 256 GB ssd.
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Installation woes Aug 9, 2022

roeland wrote:

Good morning,

Any ideas?

Could I just install 2021 over 2017 and be done? if so, can I remove 2017 afterwards
to save space, the notebook has only a 256 GB ssd.

I installed v2022 over v2021 and I had no problem and I can use both versions. So I would say go ahead installing v2021.

[Edited at 2022-08-09 11:46 GMT]

roeland
roeland  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That is not the whole issue Aug 11, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:
I installed v2022 over v2021 and I had no problem and I can use both versions. So I would say go ahead installing v2021.

[Edited at 2022-08-09 11:46 GMT]

Sure, but I would like to remove 2017 in order to save space I have only 256 GB available.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deactivation of 2017 to install 2021

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »