Thread poster: Christian Mohr
Christian Mohr
Christian Mohr  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:30
Member (2006)
English to German
Jan 22

It seems this problem has been popping up every time and again for years now in different shapes, at different points and with different versions of SDL Studio without having been solved properly.

This is how it appears on my side:
I have to review and afterwards re-convert huge loads of XML files which have variables in tag format (). These variables are invisibly placed between the segments in Studio, so the sentences have to be translated "around" them. This has been no pr
... See more
It seems this problem has been popping up every time and again for years now in different shapes, at different points and with different versions of SDL Studio without having been solved properly.

This is how it appears on my side:
I have to review and afterwards re-convert huge loads of XML files which have variables in tag format (). These variables are invisibly placed between the segments in Studio, so the sentences have to be translated "around" them. This has been no problem so far.
(I think it's not possible to change the segmentation rules in Studio anymore, or is it?)
The variables are surrounded by spaces in the source files, which intuitively can be recognized as correct. (Imagine the example "The helps you to..."). Now the real issue is that the spaces between the variables are deleted when re-converting the translated and reviewed files, so I have to search for them and manually enter the required spaces in all target files. Oddly enough, this bug emerged some weeks ago after years of "normal behaviour". Of course I did not change any setting/rule in Studio.

Did any other linguist encounter this kind of bug recently, and is there any chance to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any tips/hints/help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2019 deletes spaces between segments when re-converting files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »