Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Should I accept a job from unknown client without PO?
Thread poster: Yibeltal
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:58
English to Polish
+ ...
Satisfaction of the end client? Apr 19, 2013

Like Rifraf, I'd be concerned about the role of the client's client's confirmation of quality in the process. It can simply be a time-frame but it can also be an implication of the payment being contingent on the end client's satisfaction, which is not an impossible arrangement in contract law. I'd pursue more clarity on the subject (e.g. how long the end client's review can be, how much a deduction, what grounds for rejection, will you get paid if the end client fails to pay).

From
... See more
Like Rifraf, I'd be concerned about the role of the client's client's confirmation of quality in the process. It can simply be a time-frame but it can also be an implication of the payment being contingent on the end client's satisfaction, which is not an impossible arrangement in contract law. I'd pursue more clarity on the subject (e.g. how long the end client's review can be, how much a deduction, what grounds for rejection, will you get paid if the end client fails to pay).

From a consumer point of view and, by extension, any client's point of view, one would prefer not to pay for any goods or services ordered which do not meet one's expectations. Not a 10% discount or a 50/50 split, nothing. Which, of course, means the vendor working without pay, which cannot be accepted. Therefore, yeah, education is needed or rather mutual understanding. We do need to educate our clients to understand that our fees are not optional or contingent on being happy with the translation.

[Edited at 2013-04-19 21:58 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I accept a job from unknown client without PO?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »