Use extreme caution
Thread poster: Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:57
French to English
Apr 13, 2003

If you notice projects for anyone involved with Alis Technologies or individuals with e-mail addresses that end with @alis.com, make sure you check the Agency Blue Board for CRITICAL information. Check by the company name, but also check for the individual\'s name. They are not always identifying their company.

Two jobs posted by [email protected] are 34947 and 34945.

Be EXTREMELY careful!

Suzanne Bernard
Suzanne Bernard
Local time: 00:57
English to French
+ ...
Thank you... Apr 13, 2003

Thanks for the tip, Karin!

Cheers,

Suzanne

María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
English to Spanish
+ ...
Payment Practices Apr 13, 2003

You will find more information in Payment Practices http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pp_dist

Good luck!

ALE

Michele Johnson
Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:57
German to English
+ ...
Re: yahoo groups, reference from from maria Apr 13, 2003

Thanks to Maria for your comment, but, um, this is not really helpful for people who are not \"part of the club.\" :

\"Sorry, this group is available to members ONLY.

You are not allowed to access this group. \"

I personally have heard bad things about yahoo clubs (e.g. viruses). I do appreciate your willingness to help here but wonder how useful this really is? Any comments here are more than welcome.

Best regards,
... See more
Thanks to Maria for your comment, but, um, this is not really helpful for people who are not \"part of the club.\" :

\"Sorry, this group is available to members ONLY.

You are not allowed to access this group. \"

I personally have heard bad things about yahoo clubs (e.g. viruses). I do appreciate your willingness to help here but wonder how useful this really is? Any comments here are more than welcome.

Best regards,

Michele

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:57
English to German
+ ...
Yahoo Groups vs. other resources Apr 13, 2003

Quote:

Hi Michele,

As far as this particular case is concerned, the Blue Board entry ... See more
Quote:

Hi Michele,

As far as this particular case is concerned, the Blue Board entry is clear enough, I guess.

However, you cannot assume that\'s always going to be the case. Most alternative lists are on Yahoogroups; given that you\'re in Germany, Zahlungspraxis is probably most relevant from your perspective.

Regarding your concern, I can share my experience (being a member in 21 Yahoogroups): spam yes, viruses no. Nothing a decent filter or a mouse click couldn\'t get rid of...

HTH - best, Ralf

Collapse

María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
English to Spanish
+ ...
Michele Apr 13, 2003

I find Payment Practices very useful. You only have to subscribe to the list to have access to the database.

Regards,

ALE

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:57
Italian to English
+ ...
go via their site not the Yahoo Groups pages Apr 13, 2003

Dear Michele,

Just to support what Maria was saying:

I\'ve found Payment Practices to be a helpful list. You can subscribe via their website at http://www.trwenterprises.com/payment_practices.htm.

Regards,

Amy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use extreme caution

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »