start-up translation firm (Spain) needs help, information
Thread poster: stefanc7
stefanc7
stefanc7
Local time: 01:51
Apr 4, 2002

Hello,

My name is Stefan Wobben, i live in the Netherlands. I want to start-up a translation agency in Spain.

I know an export-manager there and he often needs a translation, he also know many other companies that need translations.

But thats only part 1 of the story, the most important part is the translation. I want to calculate profits/costs but i also have questions about taxes etc.

So my two questions are

... See more
Hello,

My name is Stefan Wobben, i live in the Netherlands. I want to start-up a translation agency in Spain.

I know an export-manager there and he often needs a translation, he also know many other companies that need translations.

But thats only part 1 of the story, the most important part is the translation. I want to calculate profits/costs but i also have questions about taxes etc.

So my two questions are

1. What are the tarifs of a translator. (price per word in Euros)

2. Does anyone has experience in international orders and how do you manage that. For example you live in germany and you execute an order for a company in spain.

If you are interested in the idea as a translator or i have you any other questions/suggestion you can contact me on [email protected]

Stefan Wobben

managing director concept7
Collapse

Cynthia Brals-Rud
Cynthia Brals-Rud  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some input Apr 5, 2002

Hello (again) Stefan,

Other colleagues will certainly have things to say. I just want to point out that:

1) Prices vary depending on the European country concerned.

2) VAT within Europe doesn\'t need to be invoiced IF a valid VAT number is provided (but your translators in the Netherlands will have to invoice VAT to you!).

Best regards,

Cynthia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

start-up translation firm (Spain) needs help, information

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »