Cleiton Silva
Cleiton Silva
Brazil
Local time: 12:20
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 8

Hello.

The client send me a file that ends with ".xlsx.xlz" and ask me: "To be double-sure on TWS (Translation Workspace), please open the attached file and send me the screenshot."

Then I said that I don't have the license of TWS, and he said: "You don't need the license to share the screenshot, just use/check the attachment/document and share the screenshot with me"

What should I do?

TWS (Translation Workspace) is free?

The tria
... See more
Hello.

The client send me a file that ends with ".xlsx.xlz" and ask me: "To be double-sure on TWS (Translation Workspace), please open the attached file and send me the screenshot."

Then I said that I don't have the license of TWS, and he said: "You don't need the license to share the screenshot, just use/check the attachment/document and share the screenshot with me"

What should I do?

TWS (Translation Workspace) is free?

The trial version require a credit card?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:20
English to Russian
TWS is a nightmare in the first place Jul 8

I suggest that you run away from that client. If you have to pay for TWS, most probably your client is LB. Agencies that take over LB jobs, provide a license for you but pay half the LB rate. If your client does not give you a license, it makes me think it is LB itself. If so, run.

Tapani Ronni

Cleiton Silva
Cleiton Silva
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
Doubt Jul 9

Stepan Konev wrote:

I suggest that you run away from that client. If you have to pay for TWS, most probably your client is LB. Agencies that take over LB jobs, provide a license for you but pay half the LB rate. If your client does not give you a license, it makes me think it is LB itself. If so, run.

Thank you for your reply, Stepan!

My client is not Lionbridge.

Do I not need a license to open the file in TWS? What should I reply to him?

He said:
"To be double-sure on TWS (Translation Workspace), please open the attached file and send me the screenshot."

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:20
English to Russian
You need a tenancy code (paid) Jul 9

Actually you don't need a license because there is no such thing as license. Instead they use tenancy which is actually another word for the same thing. Did your client give you anything like this?
If you don't have the program yet, you can dow
... See more
Actually you don't need a license because there is no such thing as license. Instead they use tenancy which is actually another word for the same thing. Did your client give you anything like this?
If you don't have the program yet, you can download it using these links:
https://translate.translationworkspace.com/sid/0d22c4475e71b977/home.html
https://translate.translationworkspace.com/sid/0d22c4475e71b977/TranslationWorkspaceXliffEditor.exe
Once installed, double click your file(s) to open them with TWS. It will emit a window prompting you to provide your user name, password and tenancy:

[Edited at 2024-07-09 20:56 GMT]
Collapse

Cleiton Silva
Cleiton Silva
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
Thank you! Jul 10

Stepan Konev wrote:

If you don't have the program yet, you can download it using these links:
https://translate.translationworkspace.com/sid/0d22c4475e71b977/home.html
https://translate.translationworkspace.com/sid/0d22c4475e71b977/TranslationWorkspaceXliffEditor.exe
Once installed, double click your file(s) to open them with TWS. It will emit a window prompting you to provide your user name, password and tenancy:

[Edited at 2024-07-09 20:56 GMT]

Stepan, thank you so much for the help!

I downloaded it in your link and I got to open the file without license/tenancy.

Stepan Konev

Monique Cavalcante
Monique Cavalcante  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:20
Membro (Jan 2024)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I received the same email, but I was wondering if that could be a scam Jul 20

How did it go for you? Did you get the job?

Cleiton Silva
Cleiton Silva
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
INICIO DE TEMA
I don't know Jul 20

Monique Cavalcante wrote:

How did it go for you? Did you get the job?

I haven't received the project yet. I recommend you check the agency's blue board and see if the person you're talking to has their own domain.

[Editada em 2024-07-20 12:31 GMT]

Monique Cavalcante

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TWS (Translation Workspace)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »