Thread poster: Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
May 6, 2011

I've just received an e-mail asking me to join what is effectively the new version of the NRPSI, although I paid my annual registration back in November.
I believe I have little choice but to join but would like to know what other RPSIs think.

Ania Heasley
Ania Heasley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
Thinking about it May 6, 2011

So what is happening to the NRPSI? Is it no more? I have not had any new clients through NRPSI but does anybody know what reallly is going on with them?

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
SPSI website or further information May 6, 2011

Susanna Garcia wrote:

I've just received an e-mail asking me to join what is effectively the new version of the NRPSI, although I paid my annual registration back in November.

Hi Susanna,

I'm not a member of the NRPSI (no point in joining as I'm based in Scotland) but am a qualified, DPSI interpreter.

I just ran a quick search and can't find any online references to SPCI - can you provide any further info - e.g. a web page or similar?

Thanks,

Ivana

CDenisot
CDenisot
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
NRPSI still exist May 6, 2011

Hello!
I also received this email and as I am on the NRPSI I was a bit alarmed that I would have to pay again but I got confirmation from the NRPSI this morning that they still exist, the SPSI is just a new organisation and you should have signed a consent form to agree to your data to be transferred to them but that means in no way that you are then no longer on the NRPSI.

Ania Heasley
Ania Heasley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
Bad feeling Jun 6, 2011

Bearing in mind some not so distant 'history' between SPSI and NRPSI (it's all out there in the public domain, everybody will decide for themselves anyway) I think I will stand back and see how the whole so-called current situation progresses....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SPSI - Are you joining

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »