Thread poster: Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2013

I just received a short file for translation. It's a Word document and the content appears to be XML.

It starts as below. For the content to show correctly here, I've replaced the XML opening tag bracket with "||" and the ending tag with "!!".

What would be the correct way to process this with memoQ? I've tried importing the file with memoQ's XML filter, but it won't import or segment properly when I do that.

Thomas

-----------------
Cont
... See more
I just received a short file for translation. It's a Word document and the content appears to be XML.

It starts as below. For the content to show correctly here, I've replaced the XML opening tag bracket with "||" and the ending tag with "!!".

What would be the correct way to process this with memoQ? I've tried importing the file with memoQ's XML filter, but it won't import or segment properly when I do that.

Thomas

-----------------
Content of file:
-----------------

||!-- TRADOS_File_Merge_Tool_File_Start:FilePath=D:\tmp\glue\Dashboard MainForm_es-ES.XML--!!

||?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?!!
||!DOCTYPE pslXMLExportImport SYSTEM "pslXMLExportImport.dtd"!!
||pslXMLExportImport!!
||pslTransList Id="34238860" Name="Dashboard MainForm" Source-Language="en-US" Target-Language="es-ES"!!
||Entry Id="630" Origin="String tsBtnFeedback in Dialog.NET MainForm"!!Beta Feedback||/Entry!!
||Entry Id="631" Origin="String tsBtnFeedback.AccessibleName in Dialog.NET MainForm"!!Feedback||/Entry!!
||Entry Id="632" Origin="String label10 in Dialog.NET MainForm"!! Show filters||/Entry!!
||/pslTransList!!
||/pslXMLExportImport!!

||!-- TRADOS_File_Merge_Tool_File_End--!!

||!-- TRADOS_File_Merge_Tool_File_Start:FilePath=D:\tmp\glue\mescfgres_es-ES.XML--!!

||?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?!!
||!DOCTYPE pslXMLExportImport SYSTEM "pslXMLExportImport.dtd"!!
||pslXMLExportImport!!
||pslTransList Id="5443554" Name="mescfgres" Source-Language="en-US" Target-Language="es-ES"!!
||Entry Id="2479" Origin="Static in Dialog 1255"!!Configure email addresses which Greylist would not process||/Entry!!
||Entry Id="2490" Origin="Checkbox 1511 in Dialog 1255"!!Exclude email addresses and domains specified in Whitelist||/Entry!!
||Entry Id="2591" Origin="Static in Dialog 1255"!!Email addresses stored in Whitelist can be excluded from Greylist processing.||/Entry!!
||Entry Id="2496" Origin="Static 1303 in Dialog 1256"!!||GFI_ext!!http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID003796||/GFI_ext!!||/Entry!!
||Entry Id="2524" Origin="Static in Dialog 1259"!!Configure IP addresses which Greylist would not process||/Entry!!

etc.
etc.

[Edited at 2013-02-11 00:47 GMT]
Collapse

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 21:24
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Kilgray site Feb 11, 2013

Hi Thomas,

I'm not that familiar with xml documents myself, but please have a look here - http://kilgray.com/faq/translating-xml-documents-memoq

If that doesn't help you out, there are more options to get help:

- check out the knowledge base: <
... See more
Hi Thomas,

I'm not that familiar with xml documents myself, but please have a look here - http://kilgray.com/faq/translating-xml-documents-memoq

If that doesn't help you out, there are more options to get help:

- check out the knowledge base: http://kb.kilgray.com/category/12/0/10/Product/memoQ/
- ask other users for help through the Yahoo group: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/
- contact Kilgray support

Hope this helps!
Collapse

TheAlphaSens (X)
TheAlphaSens (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:24
English to French
Cascading filters Feb 11, 2013

You need to use Cascading filters (DOCX + XML).

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:24
Finnish to French
Copy content to separate text file Feb 11, 2013

TheAlphaSense wrote:
You need to use Cascading filters (DOCX + XML).

If the original poster's XML is inside a Word document and there's nothing else there, the easiest is probably to copy everything (Ctrl+A / Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V) into a separate text file, save it as such with the .XML extension and try to import it as such.

The file looks like it could have come from Passolo, a Trados/SDL company.

TheAlphaSens (X)
TheAlphaSens (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:24
English to French
Yes indeed. Feb 11, 2013

Yep, that's another option.
I simply assumed that he wanted to keep the original format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to process XML files with memoQ?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »