MemoQ4free won't let me translate without translation memory
Thread poster: Trillian1980
Trillian1980
Trillian1980
Local time: 03:07
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 7, 2014

I had the 45 day trial which has no run out, and am collecting funds to pay for a full version. In the meantime, I am trying to work with the 4free version, but it won't let me. In the new project wizard, the program won't let me select my primary translation memory from the three I have there from when it was a trial version; it says "you are currently using MemoQ in the 4free mode, MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory". That's fine, I ... See more
I had the 45 day trial which has no run out, and am collecting funds to pay for a full version. In the meantime, I am trying to work with the 4free version, but it won't let me. In the new project wizard, the program won't let me select my primary translation memory from the three I have there from when it was a trial version; it says "you are currently using MemoQ in the 4free mode, MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory". That's fine, I only need one document and an empty translation memory is fine, but I can't tell the program that.

I can then start translating, but I can't confirm any of my lines because I get a warning message saying "there's no working (primary) translation memory attached to the project"

Help!
Collapse

Nilton Junior
Nilton Junior  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:07
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dear Trillian1980 Oct 7, 2014

Have you tried creating a new TM? I believe you cannot use TMs from other projects with memoQ 4 free, but please wait for another colleague to confirm this information to you.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:07
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Yes Oct 8, 2014

Nilton Junior wrote:

you cannot use TMs from other projects with memoQ 4 free

It's clearly stated on the official site that a fresh new TM must be created for each new project in MemoQFree.

Trillian1980
Trillian1980
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved :-) Oct 8, 2014

OK, great, I hadn't spotted the option to create a new TM (I'm new at MemoQ, obviously

Problem solved, thanks!

Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
Working without a TM is also possible Oct 8, 2014

Although you won't get any matches other than repeats within the document.

Working without a TM attached to the project, you have to use the 'confirm without adding to TM' option (or something along those lines) with keyboard shortcut Shift-Control-Enter instead of Control-Enter (for adding to TM).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ4free won't let me translate without translation memory

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »