Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Have you ever tried to get your payments via Moneybookers?
Thread poster: Nikita Kobrin
Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 18:26
English to Hungarian
+ ...
angry Jul 26, 2003

I identified myself on July 16. today is 26 and I still didn't get the money...

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
I would be interested in this feature ! Aug 1, 2003

Rocío Boada del Sol wrote:

I would be interested in this feature too!

[Edited at 2003-08-04 10:13]

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Finally... Aug 22, 2003

I got my money. The withdrawal into my real bank account took around one full month.

Michaela Müller
Michaela Müller
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Me too! Aug 23, 2003

I just signed up with Moneybookers, therefore I hope that we will have the possiblity of accepting payments through a button on the Proz profile page.

Henry wrote:

writeaway wrote:

I would like to sign up with Moneybookers, but I'd like to know if we can put it on our ProZ profile page.

Anyone else interested?

Denis HAY
Denis HAY  Identity Verified
English to French
Happy user Sep 8, 2003

I've been using Moneybookers to receive money quite successfuly up to now. 6 transfers already made, fast, efficient, and, most of all, very cheap compared to traditional banking fees. Most of those transfers were from UK to FR.

Romuald Pawlikowski
Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Want Moneybookers at ProZ.com Sep 17, 2003

Adding my vote for MB

Best

Romuald

Jörgen Slet
Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 19:26
English to Estonian
+ ...
How can it be cheaper than via international bank transfer Oct 11, 2003

Denis HAY wrote:

I've been using Moneybookers to receive money quite successfuly up to now. 6 transfers already made, fast, efficient, and, most of all, very cheap compared to traditional banking fees. Most of those transfers were from UK to FR.

How can it be cheaper than via international bank transfer - don't I have to pay the usual (huge) international bank transfer fees for sending money to them or receiving money for them ? Or do they circumvent international fees somehow, and I only pay the symbolic non-international local bank transfer fees ?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Intra-EU standard euro payments Oct 11, 2003

Hi Jörgen,
If you look at Denis' post closely...
Denis HAY wrote:
st of those transfers were from UK to FR.[/quote]

...then you will see that these were intra-EU payments, presumably in euros, which have been equalised with domestic payments since 1 July 2003.

I suggest you check with your bank what they will deduct for an incoming international payment (which may have to be converted to Estonian kroon unless you also have a euro account).

An alternative would be to open an account in Germany, for example.

Best regards, Ralf

Jörgen Slet
Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 19:26
English to Estonian
+ ...
They actually have local accounts in most countries Dec 9, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Jörgen,
If you look at Denis' post closely...
Denis HAY wrote:
st of those transfers were from UK to FR.

...then you will see that these were intra-EU payments, presumably in euros, which have been equalised with domestic payments since 1 July 2003.

I suggest you check with your bank what they will deduct for an incoming international payment (which may have to be converted to Estonian kroon unless you also have a euro account).[/quote]

A good guess, but not the correct one. I signed up, and when I wanted to upload money for testing, I was presented with a local Estonian bank account to transfer money to. No international bank transfers involved.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
I agree, MB uses the identification practices Feb 4, 2004

Péter Tófalvi wrote:

1. www.moneybookers.com says that you don't need to identify yourself for sums below 1000 euros/dollars.

This is not true, because I was asked to identify myself for the withdrawal of a sum less than 100 euros.

2. I had to send them a copy of my passport.
Very bad! Don't send the copy of your passport by fax to anywhere. A passport copy can be then abused. See: Nigeria Scam letters.

3. After my identification was accepted they replied that the withdrawal failed, because my bank account number is wrong.
This was not true! As another remark: even if it would has been wrong, you cannot modify your bank accoount number on their website. Moreover, if you delete a bank account number, you cannot add it again, as you get the "already addedd" warning.

4. They say that they transfer your money through their local branch, that's way the withdrawal fee is minimal.

5. Now they asked my to give them some more bank details: SWIFT code etc.

6. They identified me on July 16. Today is 26, and I still didn't got my money, in spite of their promise that the transfer shall be made within 5 days.
Hi! True, MB asked me also to identify myself, photos of Card front and back, driving license ( front and back) and Bank slips.
brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
yes, self - identification is important with MB Feb 10, 2004

Péter Tófalvi wrote:

1. www.moneybookers.com says that you don't need to identify yourself for sums below 1000 euros/dollars.

This is not true, because I was asked to identify myself for the withdrawal of a sum less than 100 euros.

2. I had to send them a copy of my passport.
Very bad! Don't send the copy of your passport by fax to anywhere. A passport copy can be then abused. See: Nigeria Scam letters.

3. After my identification was accepted they replied that the withdrawal failed, because my bank account number is wrong.
This was not true! As another remark: even if it would has been wrong, you cannot modify your bank accoount number on their website. Moreover, if you delete a bank account number, you cannot add it again, as you get the "already addedd" warning.

4. They say that they transfer your money through their local branch, that's way the withdrawal fee is minimal.

5. Now they asked my to give them some more bank details: SWIFT code etc.

6. They identified me on July 16. Today is 26, and I still didn't got my money, in spite of their promise that the transfer shall be made within 5 days.
Hi! it is true, they asked me for credit card photographs ( front and back) driving license also ( front and back) and a copy of a recent transaction slip. I found it strange, whereas the paypal, credit card number type, bank accountnr. routing etc., was enough. Any further comments. I have read on some internet site, to be careful or not transmitt driving or personal identification numbers just like photographs of the Creditcard, especially the backside contains your signature and the 3-4 digited code typical for your card. Request Advices and views. Brandis

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:26
SITE FOUNDER
We added support for Moneybookers Feb 21, 2004

It is now possible to collect Moneybookers payments via your profile page.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you ever tried to get your payments via Moneybookers?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »