Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:55
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Wise May 17, 2021

WS McCallum wrote:

I concur with the comments above about the higher fee being normal for non-Euro countries. That's what I would expect for a TT from Euroland.

Using Wise (formerly known as TransferWise) is also good advice. In my experience, they are reliable and have low, transparent fees.

Wise are not very wise, took them more than a month to let me know that they were still investigating if they should let me in or not. I told them to f*** off. (BTW, I'm based in France).

Marina Taffetani
Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
Wise May 18, 2021

You can get payments from a Wise business account directly on your bank account. You don't even need a Wise account yourself and the company can pay in whatever currency they choose. One of my clients is in the UK and we have been using this payment method for the past two years (she pays in Euros to my Italian bank account).

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
WISE May 18, 2021

Marina Taffetani wrote:

You can get payments from a Wise business account directly on your bank account. You don't even need a Wise account yourself and the company can pay in whatever currency they choose. One of my clients is in the UK and we have been using this payment method for the past two years (she pays in Euros to my Italian bank account).

Sure you can, Marina, but if Wise keeps asking for documents about my company, which I duly delivered, and I keep getting answers like "be patient you will be ok soon" and nothing happens for weeks on end, well, you just tell them goodbye.

Marina Taffetani

Marina Taffetani
Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
@Wolfgang May 19, 2021

I would do the same. Maybe I was just lucky, as I never had issues with them.

Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Rabobank May 19, 2021

Ice Scream wrote:

I thought the name Robobank was so cool I was going to post along the lines of how I’m planning to rebrand as Robotranslator when I make the full switch to using raw MT output next year like most other translators already seem to, but then I noticed I’d misread it and it was only Rabobank, which is far less cool and took the wind right out of my sails.

Every time I pay with my Rabo card in Portugal, I get funny looks... ;-D

Christopher Schröder

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:55
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
I did it May 19, 2021

Wolfgang wrote:

Marina Taffetani wrote:

Sure you can, Marina, but if Wise keeps asking for documents about my company, which I duly delivered, and I keep getting answers like "be patient you will be ok soon" and nothing happens for weeks on end, well, you just tell them goodbye.

I did it via the Chat thing. They did it for me right there and then, and a couple of days later I was given approval to use the account.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Post-Brexit: increased bank transfer charge for EU clients

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »