Off topic: Can some translate this seal?
Thread poster: Paul ez
Paul ez
Paul ez
Germany
Jan 5, 2022

Hey everbody,

does someone know, what this seal means? Is it Farsi?

https://postimg.cc/5HSP3dRp

Tahmineh Zardasht
Tahmineh Zardasht
Iran
Local time: 19:57
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
a proper name Jan 5, 2022

Hey,
It reads Fatemeh nahr Nouri-Jahan.
It can be a proper name.

Amir Akbarpour Reihani
Amir Akbarpour Reihani  Identity Verified
+ ...
Maybe a name Jan 5, 2022

Apparently, this is a name: Fatemeh [...] Noori Jahan (فاطمه ... نوری جهان). But I can't read the middle row.

Ahmad Hosseinzadeh
Ahmad Hosseinzadeh  Identity Verified
Iran
+ ...
Personal Seal Jan 5, 2022

Hi Paul,

This is a personal seal containing the name of its holder. The holder is/was a female and her name has 4 parts: first name is Fatemeh (فاطمه/the word located at the upper part); there are 3 other words of which I can read 2 which are located at the lower part: Noori Jahan (نوری جهان). The word in the middle of the image is unclear to me.
Hope this helps!

Paul ez

Paul ez
Paul ez
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 5, 2022

Thanks a lot! That was really helpful!!!

Paul ez
Paul ez
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
4th Name Jan 5, 2022

Ahmad Hosseinzadeh wrote:

Hi Paul,

This is a personal seal containing the name of its holder. The holder is/was a female and her name has 4 parts: first name is Fatemeh (فاطمه/the word located at the upper part); there are 3 other words of which I can read 2 which are located at the lower part: Noori Jahan (نوری جهان). The word in the middle of the image is unclear to me.
Hope this helps!

So there is possible a 4th name at the seal?

Ali Sharifi
Ali Sharifi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:27
+ ...
Seal reading Jan 5, 2022

Hi Paul
Mr. Hosseinzadeh is quite right, it is a personal seal of a lady by the name of Fatemeh Nouri Jahan. To me the long line-like name looks kike Mokhber, مخبرThe image you have posted is upside down. I don't know how to paste it here for you to see it in a correct way.

Ahmad Hosseinzadeh
Ahmad Hosseinzadeh  Identity Verified
Iran
+ ...
3-word Surname Jan 6, 2022

Paul ez wrote:

Ahmad Hosseinzadeh wrote:

Hi Paul,

Hope this helps!

So there is possible a 4th name at the seal?

Iranians have a given name and a family name, each of which could include several words. In your case, this person has a one-word given name (Fatemeh), and a three-word family name ([illegible word] Noori Jahan).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can some translate this seal?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »