Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
Poll: Which is your favorite place to do translation-related work besides your home/the office?
Автор темы: ProZ.com Staff
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Перу
Local time: 19:58
Член ProZ.com
испанский
+ ...
Coffeeshop Feb 23, 2010

One of the nicest coffee places in the city is only a few steps away from my home, so if I don't have any urgent assignments, I like to work from there. The atmosphere is great, the tea is great and the free wi-fi is great. Besides, it's a great place to meet new people (potential clients) and expand my network. Of course, having a very big, bright, yellow business card helps a lot.

Great id
... See more
One of the nicest coffee places in the city is only a few steps away from my home, so if I don't have any urgent assignments, I like to work from there. The atmosphere is great, the tea is great and the free wi-fi is great. Besides, it's a great place to meet new people (potential clients) and expand my network. Of course, having a very big, bright, yellow business card helps a lot.

Great idea for a poll!
Collapse

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
Уругвай
Local time: 21:58
Член ProZ.com c 2007
английский => испанский
+ ...

МОДЕРАТОР
Off-topic, just can't help myself Feb 23, 2010

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Of course, having a very big, bright, yellow business card helps a lot.

Great idea for a poll!

I know this is off-topic, but I LOVE your bag!!

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Колумбия
Член ProZ.com c 2002
немецкий => испанский
+ ...
Aside the pool... Feb 23, 2010

Although I live in one of the highest capital cities in the world (Bogotá is 2.600 m = 8.500 feet high!) over the weekend I can travel just 3 hours for going to the familiar recreation house in a small city nearby (500 m altitude).

The temperature outdoors is good 30 C (86 F) the whole year, as we in the tropics have no seasons.

I work in an air-conditioned room (yes, we do have Internet through the cell phone network), and the pool is just 10 m from the door...
... See more
Although I live in one of the highest capital cities in the world (Bogotá is 2.600 m = 8.500 feet high!) over the weekend I can travel just 3 hours for going to the familiar recreation house in a small city nearby (500 m altitude).

The temperature outdoors is good 30 C (86 F) the whole year, as we in the tropics have no seasons.

I work in an air-conditioned room (yes, we do have Internet through the cell phone network), and the pool is just 10 m from the door...

Saludos
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Чехия
Local time: 02:58
французский => английский
+ ...
On a related note... Feb 23, 2010

As the beach was mentioned in the question, I guess I'll warn everyone - do not take your computer to the beach or other sandy places (unless it is a ruggedized model or you keep it in a sleeve all the time) - wind-blown dust may quickly kill it. It happened to me several years ago.

[Edited at 2010-02-23 18:26 GMT]

Louise Souter (X)
Louise Souter (X)  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 01:58
испанский => английский
+ ...
Where did you get that bag? Feb 23, 2010

Claudia Alvis wrote:

I so want one!

absciarretta
absciarretta  Identity Verified
США
Член ProZ.com c 2008
английский => норвежский
+ ...
Roadtripping Feb 23, 2010

In the car (hubby driving, obviously) on a roadtrip.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Перу
Член ProZ.com
испанский
+ ...
CafePress Feb 23, 2010

Louise Souter wrote:

Claudia Alvis wrote:

I so want one!

CafePress: http://www.cafepress.com/dd/33506194
It's a cool website and they have all kinds of products and designs sold directly by the makers.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 17:58
Член ProZ.com c 2003
испанский => английский
+ ...
Office is best Feb 24, 2010

I have tried it with a laptop poolside, at the beach, in airports and hotels, even in the hospital, but I am always dramatically less productive.

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Канада
Local time: 20:58
Член ProZ.com c 2009
французский => английский
+ ...
at home Feb 24, 2010

i really wouldn't be able to concentrate anywhere else. It's hard enough not to get distracted here...

there is NO way i'd take my laptop to work on the beach,even without the sand risk. I'd NEVER be able to concentrate on the beach, or near a pool. I wouldn't be as productive.

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Италия
английский => итальянский
home - office Feb 24, 2010

My office at home.

the park is for relaxing, the sea is for swimming, the balcony is for smoking (children inside, smoke outside), sofa is for relaxing, coffee shop is for drinking, and chatting, ....

definitely my office at home, I can only temporarily move to my parents' house when we spend one month with them and even there I need my space.

Louise Souter (X)
Louise Souter (X)  Identity Verified
Великобритания
испанский => английский
+ ...
Found it Feb 24, 2010

[/quote]

CafePress: http://www.cafepress.com/dd/33506194
It's a cool website and they have all kinds of products and designs sold directly by the makers. [/quote]

Thanks

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
Франция
несколько языков
+ ...
translating in the train and subway/metro/Tube Mar 17, 2010

I actually do the majority of my translation work in the train or subway.
See pages 4-5 of
https://www.box.net/shared/otqqi2gc8h

Jeff

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which is your favorite place to do translation-related work besides your home/the office?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »