Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
2009 virtual conference: Congratulations! Splendid conference organization!
Thread poster: Barbara Thomas
Alessandra Martelli (X)
Alessandra Martelli (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:45
English to Italian
+ ...
Great day :) Oct 1, 2009

My congratulations to anyone who made this possible.

Thumbs up for Proz.com staff presence in the booths, taking care of our doubts and troubles instead of enjoying the event themselves

Thumbs up to Henry, Jared and Drew for their speeches and interaction in the conference presentations.

Thumbs up to the speakers - with some ups and downs, of course, but perfection doesn't belong this planet
... See more
My congratulations to anyone who made this possible.

Thumbs up for Proz.com staff presence in the booths, taking care of our doubts and troubles instead of enjoying the event themselves

Thumbs up to Henry, Jared and Drew for their speeches and interaction in the conference presentations.

Thumbs up to the speakers - with some ups and downs, of course, but perfection doesn't belong this planet and, moreover, I'm sure everyone tried as hard as he could

The virtual environment reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, with people popping in and out in the middle of nowhere, but it was fun

Thanks again,
Alessandra
Collapse

Camilla Larsen
Camilla Larsen
Norway
Great idea and well done! Oct 1, 2009

I really felt like a part of a big (and what a great!) community yesterday! It was a nice break from my daily work (wow - I get to go to a global conference!), interesting presentations, and a nice experience! Hope this wont be the last time - it should become a translators day tradition!

Monica Tuduce
Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Congratulations, Oct 1, 2009

To the team who worked in the organization of this event!

I loved the environment and never had any technical problem at all.

The only thing I am sorry about is that I had also to work during the day and couldn't attend all the events, especially the chats and fora with fellow translators.

Keep up the good work.
Felicitări.
Monica

seraalice
seraalice  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Also many thanks! Oct 1, 2009

Very helpful!

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Good job! Oct 1, 2009

Thank you, Henry, Anne, Drew, Jared, and the rest of the team for organizing this online conference -- hope it came up to your expectations (it exceeded mine). One more thumbs up for the interactive parts at the end of the speeches.
Cheers,
Attila

JRM (X)
JRM (X)  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Congratulations! Splendid conference organization! Oct 1, 2009

Great conference! Nice mix of marketing and informative content in the sessions.

One question I have: is it possible to receive some confirmation of attendance (for continuing professional development purposes)?

I know this conference was free to attend, but some of us took a whole day out of work to take part in the conference and it would be great to receive some form of recognition of participation.

Thanks
John

Vicky Nash
Vicky Nash  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:45
English
Excellent conference! Oct 1, 2009

Thanks to all the staff for an absolutely fab conference yesterday! It was brilliant, as someone above has said, to feel part of such a large community.

This is the first time I have posted here, because as an editor rather than translator I have never really felt I belonged.... until now!

So thanks - all the talks were great but best of all it was brilliant to meet new people and feel part of something larger!

Michal Panner (X)
Michal Panner (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:45
English to Hebrew
+ ...
A job well done Oct 1, 2009

Thank you for a wonderful, informative conference.

Valeria Faber
Valeria Faber  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you! Oct 1, 2009

Great team, great job!
Thank you

Valeria

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:45
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Limited experience Oct 1, 2009

My overall impression was excellent, although I had to dip in and out because of work.

I found it particularly useful that site staff were monitoring chat on Twitter - and responding rapidly to apparent issues, as well as being proactive. Henry even politely asked my permission to publish one of my tweets!

Given the issues that have been covered elsewhere, I think that this kind of event certainly has a future.

Thanks and well done, guys...
See more
My overall impression was excellent, although I had to dip in and out because of work.

I found it particularly useful that site staff were monitoring chat on Twitter - and responding rapidly to apparent issues, as well as being proactive. Henry even politely asked my permission to publish one of my tweets!

Given the issues that have been covered elsewhere, I think that this kind of event certainly has a future.

Thanks and well done, guys
Collapse

Iwona Rutkowska
Iwona Rutkowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
Virtual conference Oct 1, 2009

Thank you very much! It was a great conference! I enjoyed it and learned a lot.
I hope you will organize another one soon.
Iwona.

Todd Scudiere (X)
Todd Scudiere (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:45
Hindi to English
Wonderful! Oct 1, 2009

Thank you for organizing such an amazing virtual conference. I really liked the feeling of being online with so many fellow translators. Presentation was great and it was easy to navigate. Felt almost like a regular conference.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Congratulation! Oct 1, 2009

It was a great experience. More such events should be held in the future!

Katalin

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
A successful and original idea Oct 1, 2009

Really interesting experience, even though I had some unexpected matters that limited my participation to just some short time on and off throughout the day.

I think the idea really succeeded on giving attendees the true feeling of being in a conference, with the booths, the networking lounge and the talk schedule, so the conference environment was definitely achieved. And some of the talks were really useful and practical in general (and good that we can listen to them again).
... See more
Really interesting experience, even though I had some unexpected matters that limited my participation to just some short time on and off throughout the day.

I think the idea really succeeded on giving attendees the true feeling of being in a conference, with the booths, the networking lounge and the talk schedule, so the conference environment was definitely achieved. And some of the talks were really useful and practical in general (and good that we can listen to them again).

As I always do when I go to conferences, I personally prefer to listen to the talks and visit the booths (and mingle there), so this worked out fine for me. The networking lounge chat was way too fast for me.

I even got a free subscription to a great newsletter, so this is also another detail that made it feel like a real conference.

I did have some technical connection problems at first, but everything went smoother after I rebooted my PC.

Well done and thanks for the treat on Translator Day (hopefully it will become a tradition for Proz.com).

Best,

Ivette
Collapse

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Kudos! Oct 1, 2009

Kudos to Henry and everyone else who made this conference possible!
Can I give you about 1.000 KudoZ-points for that ?
My best to all of ProZ-staff,
Ivana Kahle.

Not to forget, I appreciate the idea of Chat-forum on the "regular" ProZ-site, that would be great!

[Edited at 2009-10-01 09:11 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2009 virtual conference: Congratulations! Splendid conference organization!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »