sonjaswenson (X)
sonjaswenson (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 29, 2011

I received the following email from [email protected]:

My name is Bill presently on an official assignment in cairo,Egypt and will be proceeding to your country for official Engineering conference meeting with Spanish council on the 27th of August.I will need your service to translate a write up for me.

I actually need to make a presentation to some group of Spanish speaking people in US.so i will need you t
... See more
I received the following email from [email protected]:

My name is Bill presently on an official assignment in cairo,Egypt and will be proceeding to your country for official Engineering conference meeting with Spanish council on the 27th of August.I will need your service to translate a write up for me.

I actually need to make a presentation to some group of Spanish speaking people in US.so i will need you to help in translating the paper to Spanish,so each participants can have a copy and they can follow through.

Let me know your rate and charges for a total of presentation of word.Presentation is attached.
Thank you.
Bill
+20165542633(EGYPT)

Several red flags were raised in the email, and a quick google search showed that he apparently also does Western Union rental scams (and couldn't be bothered to make a new gmail account). I assume he got my email through the ATA directory, so be forewarned!!!!
Collapse

Mohamed Mahmoud
Mohamed Mahmoud  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:58
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
kindly take care and try yo announce every one Jul 29, 2011

That is a scam we have already announced that in proz forms before
take much care

best regards

Mohamed Taha Mohamed Mahmud
"Certified Accredited Sworn Translator"

Translator of best seller scientific book "My Einstein",
National Center for Translation, Cairo, Egypt

Translator at the national center for translation, Cairo.
Certified Translator Authorized by Egyptian Translators Association EGTA & Internationa
... See more
That is a scam we have already announced that in proz forms before
take much care

best regards

Mohamed Taha Mohamed Mahmud
"Certified Accredited Sworn Translator"

Translator of best seller scientific book "My Einstein",
National Center for Translation, Cairo, Egypt

Translator at the national center for translation, Cairo.
Certified Translator Authorized by Egyptian Translators Association EGTA & International Federation of Translators FIT and UNESCO.
Member of Egyptian Arbitration Legal Center.
Member of Egyptian Translators and Linguists Association ELTA.
Member of Arab Translators Network-Arab Professional Translators Society -ATN-APTS- based in Beirut, Lebanon.
Porz Member: www.proz.com/profile/687952"
( 002 0140793863 Or 002 0103491978.
130. Gmaml Abed El Nasser St, Alexandria, Egypt
Collapse

Kate Chaffer
Kate Chaffer
Italy
Local time: 12:58
Member (2009)
Italian to English
Post below yours Jul 29, 2011

Check out the post below yours in the Scams forum.

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/203968-possible_scam:_from_engr_bill_bord_egypt.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bill Bord, Engineer

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »