Persoa que publicou o fío: Mosor
Mosor
Mosor
Local time: 18:24
English to German
+ ...
Mar 9, 2009

Hello,

I would like to create a multilingual glossary in five languages but I do not have a term entry for each language. When I execute Multiterm html export the terms are mixed and not in that column the term is dedicated to. Multiterm is just filling in the fields from left to right when a target term of one or more languages is missing.
Does somebody faces the same problem?

Thanks!

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
A bug... Mar 9, 2009

Mosor wrote:

I would like to create a multilingual glossary in five languages but I do not have a term entry for each language. When I execute Multiterm html export the terms are mixed and not in that column the term is dedicated to. Multiterm is just filling in the fields from left to right when a target term of one or more languages is missing.
Does somebody faces the same problem?

Yes, it's a flagrant bug.
The same bug is in the CSV export filter.

You have two workarounds:
- export as xml, then import the xml in Across, then export as CSV (if your termbase definition is complex, you must modify the import definition in Across, a standard termbase will work OK) .
- export as Multiterm 5 using a definition created manually (the default definition exports only the active source and target languages), then you can convert it to XLS using a well known macro from the TW_users yahoo group.

Hereby, I put a virtual red-hot iron rod in the arses of the Multiterm programmers...

Cheers
GG

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Membro (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"Hereby, I put a virtual red-hot iron rod ..." Mar 9, 2009

I think they've stopped long ago to feel the pain ...

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
macro Mar 9, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

- export as Multiterm 5 using a definition created manually (the default definition exports only the active source and target languages), then you can convert it to XLS using a well known macro from the TW_users yahoo group.

Hereby, I put a virtual red-hot iron rod in the arses of the Multiterm programmers...

Cheers
GG

Could you link to or upload said macro?

Grzegorz Gryc
French to Polish
+ ...
MT5-XLS converter... Mar 9, 2009

FarkasAndras wrote:

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Could you link to or upload said macro?

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/files/Macros/Macros%20from%20Users/
You must login to enter.

Then download Converter.zip by Sergei Mouraviev.
Enjoy

Cheers
GG

miran
miran
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Multiterm 5 export definition Sep 28, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

- export as Multiterm 5 using a definition created manually (the default definition exports only the active source and target languages).

Do you have this definition in a file form? I tried to modify the default definition but I did not obtain the expected results.

Miran

Grzegorz Gryc
French to Polish
+ ...
Termbase dependent definitions :( Sep 28, 2009

miran wrote:

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

- export as Multiterm 5 using a definition created manually (the default definition exports only the active source and target languages).

Do you have this definition in a file form? I tried to modify the default definition but I did not obtain the expected results.

The definition should be made separately for every termbase.
Even if I send you some defintion, it will not work on your termbases.

IMHO the fact that Multiterm is unable to export multilingual termbases by default is a pain in the arse.
Probably the best approach is to export as Trados XML and use an external tool.

Cheers
GG

Michael Beijer

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:24
Membro (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
:-) Jul 10

You could also try this: https://wasaty.pl/blog/2011/02/27/how-to-export-multilingual-multiterm-glossary/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Multilingual export

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »