Simone Schiavinato
Simone Schiavinato  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:40
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 24, 2021

Good morning,

I`m currently participating in a Translation Technology course and one of the Tasks requires you to export a termbase that was imported and updated in Trados Studio. Does anyone know how I can export a TB from Trados?

I was selecting the project where I have the TB activated and going to Project Settings>Language pairs>All language pairs>Termbases. I see that I can activate/deactivate termbases there, create new termbases from scratch, use termbases previo
... See more
Good morning,

I`m currently participating in a Translation Technology course and one of the Tasks requires you to export a termbase that was imported and updated in Trados Studio. Does anyone know how I can export a TB from Trados?

I was selecting the project where I have the TB activated and going to Project Settings>Language pairs>All language pairs>Termbases. I see that I can activate/deactivate termbases there, create new termbases from scratch, use termbases previously created, but I don`t see the option for exports. This termbase was created on Multiterm Desktop, but I need to export the updated version from Trados now.

Kind regards
Collapse

Mohamed Mahmoud
Mohamed Mahmoud  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:40
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Need using SDL MultiTerm Desktop Aug 24, 2021

Dear
For exporting the Termbase, we need to open SDL MultiTerm Desktop module.

After that please follow:
1- Click File
2- Open Termbase, browse to the Termbasel ocation on your device and open it.

After that, the Termbase shall open. You can see the Termbase management at the left corner.

3-click Termbase Management, then you can see a list of option.

4- The last one is "Export". Click on it and use the desired format.

[Edited at 2021-08-24 09:22 GMT]

5- You can find several options...

6- Select the required format, then right click, then select process.

7- Then input the location of saving the exported file to be.

You can find several detailed and fine turning features for each option.

[Edited at 2021-08-24 09:39 GMT]

Simone Schiavinato
Simone Schiavinato  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:40
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Export Sep 2, 2021

Mohamed Mahmoud,

Thanks very much for your reply! I have looked into the software again and was able to export it following your instructions

Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:40
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
First step Apr 28, 2022

@Mohamed Mahmoud... thank you for your detailed reply. The only thing is that I get lost already on the first step. "open MultiTerm".. every resource I find tells me to do that, but nowhere can I find how to open it. I am working with the latest version of Trados Studio. If you could clarify, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
MultiTerm Apr 28, 2022

Barbara L Pavlik wrote:
but nowhere can I find how to open it
It comes with the main product. Go to your account and download it. But actually you don’t need MultiTerm neither for work, nor for export. A better choice would be downloading Glossary Converter from their appstore.

Jorge Payan

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:40
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Trying to access the RWS appstore Apr 30, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

Barbara L Pavlik wrote:
but nowhere can I find how to open it
It comes with the main product. Go to your account and download it. But actually you don’t need MultiTerm neither for work, nor for export. A better choice would be downloading Glossary Converter from their appstore.

As per subject, the appstore opens, you can tick a lot of boxes but no apps show up.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Glossary Converter URL Apr 30, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:
you can tick a lot of boxes but no apps show up
I meant this one, but now I can't find it by searching.

[Edited at 2022-04-30 15:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EXPORT TERMBASE FROM TRADOS STUDIO

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »