Thread poster: Mihai Seucan
Mihai Seucan
Mihai Seucan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 06:38
English to Romanian
Sep 1, 2021

Hi,

I have finished translating a pdf file (technical User Manual) in Trados, but I cannot open finished pdf file. I get an error message saying that this type of file is not accepted, or because it was sent by e-mail it might have been corrupted. I did not have any problems loading the pdf file received by e-mail, in Trados. I have to mention that original pdf file contains a lot of pictures. I do not know if this might be the problem.
Did anyone had a similar problem?

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 05:38
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You may want to try exporting the translation as a Word file Sep 1, 2021

I would hasten to say that I never import a pdf file directly since I don't trust Trados or other CAT tools to do a sufficiently good job of converting it to a project file. I have recently tried InFix, and even though it does a fairly good job producing a satisfactory pdf, there still are quirks with the formatting etc.

So what I do, is first to convert the pdf to a Word file, import and translate it in the normal fashion, then exporting the file in docx format. Then it is very eas
... See more
I would hasten to say that I never import a pdf file directly since I don't trust Trados or other CAT tools to do a sufficiently good job of converting it to a project file. I have recently tried InFix, and even though it does a fairly good job producing a satisfactory pdf, there still are quirks with the formatting etc.

So what I do, is first to convert the pdf to a Word file, import and translate it in the normal fashion, then exporting the file in docx format. Then it is very easy to have Word convert it to pdf.

You could try and see if the export from Trados perhaps would be a Word file and not a pdf file. Try to change the extension from .pdf to .docx and see if you can open it. If successful, save it as pdf in Word.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Teplocteur

Mihai Seucan
Mihai Seucan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 06:38
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Worked Sep 1, 2021

Hi Roy,

I have saved in Trados the file as Word document, and it looks just like source pdf file.
Thank you for the help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export pdf file of finished document

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »